Admission requirements and selection process
Admission to the Master’s degree programme in Business Education and Human Resource Development is competitive. Admission into the programme is based on proof of relevance of previous studies.
Proof of relevance of previous studies
- A minimum of six semesters of study culminating in a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent course of study with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits in the subject of Business and Human Resource Education or Business Studies or a closely related subject.
- Applicants must have completed at least 150 of the 180 ECTS credits at the time of application. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications that do not meet this requirement.
- Completed 60 ECTS credits and course work in Economic Sciences.
- As part of fulfilling the minimum of 60 ECTS credits course requirements in Economic Sciences:
- A minimum of 36 ECTS credits must be completed in Business Administration
- A minimum of 12 ECTS credits must be completed in Economics
- A minimum of 18 ECTS credits from the modules must be from coursework that is of intermediate or advanced levels
- A minimum of 12 ECTS credits completed in Educational Sciences (basic principles) and the basic didactics of Economics.
- Course work in the area of research methods and empirical and quantitative social science research totaling at least 6 ECTS credits.
Proof of relevant language skills
- If German is not your native language, you will need to submit proof of your German language skills (for a list of accepted documents, see: "Required application documents").
- If you have not completed your degree at the time of application, the current average score will be calculated.
- For courses to be considered intermediate or advanced, the course content must clearly go beyond introductory or basic concepts.
- Determining the relevance of previous studies for the Master's degree programme in Business Education and Human Resource Development will be based on the documents enclosed in the application (see: "Required application documents").
The selection process is a two-stage process. The initial selection round will evaluate candidates based on their written application. The second round will evaluate candidates based on personal interviews. Further information on the application process and eligibility requirements can be found in the admission regulations ("Ordnung über die Zugangsvoraussetzungen und über die Zulassung") for the Master’s degree in Business Education and Human Resource Development (see: "Admission regulations").