Nicolas Frioni Agr. Ing. M.Sc.
Current research and projectsMember and student representative of the Research Training Group 1644 "Scaling Problems in Statistics"
- Project 3-13: Understanding the Effective Number of Independent Chromosomes Segments as a Tunning Parameter for Genomic prediction.
Education2016 Master in Agricultural Sciences - Animal option. Thesis: Estimation of genetic parameters of reproductive and productive traits for the Holstein breed in Uruguay.
- 2012 Agriculture Engineer at University of the Republic, Montevideo Uruguay. Thesis: Estimation of calving interval heritability and its genetic correlation with milk yield in uruguayan Holstein cattle.
- 2011 - 2016 Tutor of Animal Breeding at Faculty of Agriculture - University of the Republic - Uruguay
- 2010 internship at Agricultural Research Institute in Uruguay (INIA)
- Best poster at National Congress of Livestock Production, LATU Uruguay - 2012
- Genetic parameters and correlations between days open and production traits across lactations in pasture based dairy production systems. Frioni, N., Rovere, G., Aguilar, I., Urioste, J.I., 2017. Livest. Sci. 204, 104–109. doi:10.1016/j.livsci.2017.08.018
- Abstracts/proceedings: 2018 Factors affecting phasing quality in a commercial layer population. N. Frioni, D. Cavero, H. Simianer, M. Erbe. 11th World Congress of Genetics Applied to Livestock Production. Auckland-New Zealand.
- 2017 Assessment of phasing quality in highly related layer lines using simulated genomic data. Frioni, N.; Simianer, H.; Erbe, M. European Federation of Animal Science (EAAP). Tallinn, Estonia.
- 2015 Genetic correlations between days open and milk, fat, and protein yields for the Uruguayan Holstein. Nicolas Frioni, Jorge I. Urioste, Ignacio Aguilar, Gabriel Rovere. Joint Annual Meeting. Orlando, Florida-USA.
- 2014 Genetic Parameters of Days Open and Protein Yield Across Lactations for the Uruguayan Holstein Population. N. Frioni, J. I. Urioste. I. Aguilar, G. Rovere. Proceedings, 10th World Congress of Genetics Applied to Livestock Production. Vancouver-Canada.
- 2013 Genetic parameters of milk, fat, protein yield and calving interval in Holstein Cattle from Uruguay, Frioni N., Urioste J.I. y Rovere G. Latin American Congress of Livestock Production. La Habana-Cuba.
- 2012 Genetic parameters for calving interval and 305d milk yield for Holstein cattle of Uruguay, Frioni N., Urioste J.I. y Rovere G. Congress of the Uruguayan Association of Livestock Production. Montevideo-Uruguay.