Laura Barros is a member of the Research Training Group 1723 “Globalization and Development”, associated to the Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research, and to the chair of International Economic Policy under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Krisztina Kis-Katos. She holds a Master degree in Economics from Heidelberg University and a Bachelor degree in Economics from the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil. Her research interests comprise development economics, gender and applied microeconometrics.
- BA in Economics, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
- MSc in Economics, Heidelberg University, Germany
- Development Economics
- Applied Microeconometrics
- February 2016 – February 2018: Research Assistant at the Research Center for Distributional Conflict and Globalization at the Chair of International and Development Politics at Heidelberg University.
- October 2016 – February 2017: Research Assistant for the Public lecture series “The End of Globalization? Understanding Challenges to International Cooperation” at Heidelberg University.
- March 2012 – July 2015: Fellow at the Tutorial Education Scholarship Program (PET) at the Federal University of Minas Gerais.
- TA for Applied Panel Data Econometrics, SoSe 2021
- TA for Sustainable Development, Trade and Environmental Economics WiSe 2019/2020, SoSe 2020
- TA for Introduction to Development Economics SoSe 2019
- TA for Development Economics IV: Gender, Institutions, and Development WiSe 2018/2019
- TA for European and Global Trade WiSe 2018/2019
- Programa de Educação Tutorial (PET) Ministry of Education - Federal Government of Brazil.
Barros, Laura and Manuel Santos Silva (2021) Between sticky floors and glass ceilings: the effect of trade liberalization on double discrimination in Brazil, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research, Discussion Paper No. 249.
Barros, L. , M. Santos Silva (2019) #EleNão: Economic crisis, the political gender gap, and the election of Bolsonaro, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research, Discussion Paper No. 242.
Barros, Laura and Ute Rink (2021) Spending or saving? Female empowerment and financial decisions in a matrilineal society", World Development, 141, p.105342