Dr. Janina Isabel SteinertPostdoctoral Researcher,
Chair of Development Economics / CeMIS, Prof. Dr. Sebastian Vollmer
Research Interests: Development Economics, Global Health, Impact Evaluation
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Kaplan L, Kuhnt J, Steinert JI (2020). Do no harm? Field research in the Global South: Ethical challenges faced by research staff. World Development,127, 104810.
- Pantelic M, Steinert JI, Parks J, Mellors S (2019). Management of a spoiled identity: Systematic review of interventions to address self-stigma among people living with and affected by HIV. BMJ Global Health,4(1), e001285.
- Redfern A, Cluver L, Casale M, Steinert JI (2019). Cost and cost-effectiveness of a parenting programme to prevent violence against adolescents in South Africa. BMJ Global Health, 4(3), e001147.
- Liel C, Meinck F, Steinert JI,Kindler H, Lang K, Eickhorst A (2019). Is the Brief Child Abuse Potential Inventory (BCAPI) a valid measure of child abuse potential among mothers and fathers of young children in Germany? Child Abuse & Neglect, 88, 432-444.
- Steinert JI, Cluver LD, Meinck F, Doubt J, Vollmer S (2018). Household Economic Strengthening through Saving and Budgeting: Evidence from a Field Experiment in South Africa. Journal of Development Economics, 134, 443-466.
- Steinert JI, Zenker J, Filipiak U, Movsisyan A, Shenderovich Y & Cluver LD. (2018). Do Saving Promotion Interventions Help Alleviate Poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. World Development, 104, 238-256.
- Cluver LD, Meinck F, Steinert JI, et al. (2018). Parenting for Lifelong Health: A pragmatic cluster randomised controlled trial of a non-commercialised parenting programme for adolescents and their families in South Africa. BMJ Global Health, 3(1), e000539.
- Yakubovich AR, Stoeckl J, Murray J, Melendez-Torres GJ, Steinert JI, Glavin CEY, Humphreys DK (2018).Risk and protective factors for intimate partner violence against women: Systematic review and meta-analyses of prospective-longitudinal studies. American Journal of Public Health, e1–e11.
- Steinert JI, Cluver LD, Melendez-Torres GJ & Herrero Romero R (2017). Relationships between poverty and AIDS Illness in South Africa: an investigation of urban and rural households in KwaZulu-Natal. Global Public Health, 12(9) 1183-1199.
- Steinert JI, Cluver LD, Melendez-Torres GJ & Vollmer S (2016). One Size Fits All? The Validity of a Composite Poverty Index Across Urban and Rural Households in South Africa. Social Indicators Research, 136(1), 51-72.
- Cluver LD, Meinck F, Shenderovich Y, Ward CL, Herrero Romero R, Redfern A, Lombard C, Doubt J, Steinert JI, et al. (2016). A parenting programme to prevent abuse of adolescents in South Africa: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials, 17, 328.
- Steinert JI & Grimm S (2014). Too good to be true? United Nations peacebuilding and the democratization of war-torn states. Conflict Management and Peace Science, 32 (5), 513-535.2.
- Meinck F, Steinert JI et al. (2016). Measuring and monitoring national prevalence of child maltreatment: A practical handbook. Technical Report. World Health Organization/Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen.