Electronic Commerce Systems
|Type of Course||Lecture|
|Term||Summer term 2019|
Nickerson, Robert C., Prof., Ph.D.
Palmer, Matthias, M.Sc.
|Dates/Times/Location||Dates and locations in UniVZ|
|Exam||Written exam (60 minutes)|
This course examines the concepts, technology, and applications of electronic commerce, or e-commerce. Students are to work in teams to plan an e-commerce site for a real or hypothetical business and implement the site using PrestaShop. Students are to present their plan and implementation in a written report and in an oral presentation using PowerPoint.
Learning outcome / core skills:Upon completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the characteristics and functions of electronic commerce including mobile commerce.
- Describe and apply the process of developing electronic commerce sites and mobile commerce applications.
- Implement an electronic commerce site using open source software.
- Explain fundamental characteristics of electronic markets.
- Describe common business models used in B2C and B2B electronic commerce.
- Describe security and payment in electronic commerce including mobile commerce.
- Describe the technology used in mobile commerce
- List and evaluate common applications in mobile commerce.
- Speculate on the future of electronic commerce.
Additional information to this course can be found here: UniVZ