Business Intelligence and Decision Support Systems
|Type of Course||Lecture and exercise course|
|Term||Winter term 2019/20|
|Responsible Instructors||Muntermann, Jan, Prof. Dr. Bankamp, Steffen, M.Sc.|
|Dates/Times/Location||Wednesdays 10/23/2019 - 02/02/2020, 6:15 p.m. - 7:45 p.m., ZHG002 Thursday 10/18/2019 - 01/31/2020, 12:15 p.m. - 1:45 p.m., ZHG 008 and MZG 5.111|
|Exam||02/26/2020, 6:15 p.m. - 7:45 p.m., ZHG008|
- Managerial decision making and computerized support
- Business intelligence
- Advanced analytics with structured data
- Advanced analytics with unstructured data
Learning outcome:After a successful completion of the course students have acquired the following skills:
- Understand the basic principles of decision support systems, business intelligence, and advanced analytics.
- Know and apply a skillset suited for addressing unstructured decision situations that require advanced data processing and analysis.
- Understand and evaluate methods and tools required in descriptive data analytics.
- Understand, apply and evaluate approaches for advanced data analytics, especially data and text mining techniques.
Additional information to this course can be found here: UniVZ