|Type of Course||Lecture and exercise course|
|Term||Summer term 2020|
|Instructors||Muntermann, Jan, Prof. Dr. Metzler, Dennis, M.Sc.|
|Thursday 12:15 - 1:45 p.m., Room ZHG103
Thursday 2:15 - 3:45 p.m. (bi-weekly), Room ZHG105, ocassionally on Wednesdays (practical exercise in pc pool)
- Introduction to digital finance
- Data and data structures in finance
- IT infrastructures in the financial industry
- Financial technology applications (FinTech, crypto currencies, digital platforms)
- Understand the basic concepts and components of digital technology in the finance sector today.
- Understand the characteristics of different financial instruments and relate them to asset-specific data structures.
- Understand and apply concepts and methods to process market data, esp. pricing data.
- Understand and evaluate business requirements of IT architectures and related solution components in finance.
- Understand the functioning and characteristics of FinTech business models, of digital platforms, and crypto currencies and compare them with traditional approaches.
Further information can be found in UniVZ.