Coronavirus:Information for visitors and guests
Please comply with the General Health and Hygiene Regulations (AHA-L); Current regulations, general conditions and guidelines of the University apply here.
- Statement from the virtual AG für Studium, Lehre und Prüfungswesen (working group for student and academic services and examinations) on the conduct of examinations in the winter semester 2020/21
- Information about applying for an exemption in order to hold examinations in person
- more information about current level
- 3-level, colour-coded system (Stufenplan) as PDF
- All regulations during the pandemic
Slowing down the spread of the coronavirus is a social challenge and the University of Göttingen wants to contribute as much as possible.
This means that presence at the University is largely suspended and many of the University's facilities and services are currently closed. No public events are taking place.
On our websites and through our social media channels, we are trying to answer the questions arising from the current situation as soon as we can.
Please use these information channels for any queries that arise. For enquiries to our staff, please use the central email addresses of the institutes and facilities as much as possible.
University Closed? Open!Even if we cannot welcome you personally at the moment, there is a lot going on online. Here is a selection:
- Coronavirus, Sustainability or Development Economics:
Our videos will give you an insight into the many different research projects at the Göttingen Campus
- In our public lecture series the Ringvorlesung: "Tier oder Tofu? Was isst die Zukunft?" ("Animal or Tofu? What will we eat in the future?” in German) scientists discuss the consumption of animal products. This explores not just sustainable nutrition, climate protection and world food issues, but also nutritional and ethical perspectives. Videos from the Ringvorlesung
- A large number of international researchers make their homes in Göttingen. Here they talk about their everyday lives before the Coronavirus
- BLUG – the student Blog of the University of the University of Göttingen
- So that the time stuck working indoors doesn’t feel too long, take advantage of our offers from the University Sport Centre: my.SPORT @ your.HOME
Alumni #ZumWohleAllerThe Göttingen Alumni Network connects more than 30.000 former students and graduates with Göttingen University and its current work, teaching and research. Whether you are looking to keep in touch with old friends and class mates from your time in Göttingen or want to share your ideas, experience and expertise - your contribution makes this network a thriving and lively community. There are ample opportunities for you to network with fellow professionals and likeminded people online via the Alumni Portal and social networks LinkedIn, Facebook and Xing.
Tell us your story! How are you handling the current situation? Are you helping in any way? How is it in your country or city? We are looking for Alumni stories, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about Alumni Göttingen