Information of Faculty of Biology on Covid-19
Campus-Covid-Screen - Test opportunity before in-class examinations
Students have the opportunity to be tested at the Campus-Covid-Screen by appointment. The tests take place in the Mensa Italia and Mensa Nord, Monday to Friday from 08:10 to 10:30.
Examination period WiSe20/21
Due to the current stage 3 of the university's COVID 19 stage plan, no classroom events, i.e. no classroom exams, may take place. Depending on how long this stage continues, this may also affect the planned examinations in February. Therefore, the following plan was decided in the study commission:
- The dates planned for the end of the semester for the conduct of classroom examinations will be retained for the time being.
- All examinations that can take place online (online examinations, oral examinations) take place on the scheduled date.
- There will be an additional exam date for exams scheduled in attendance.
additional examination dates BSc programs (pdf)
additional examination dates master programs Update 19.03.21 <
- Decisions about the examination dates and forms will be communicated at least 2 weeks in advance
- Students are free to choose which of the announced examination dates they attend. Access to modules of the summer semester, for which a completed module from the winter semester is a prerequisite, is made possible if one of the two examination dates has been attended before the start of lectures. This applies irrespective of whether the examination has been passed.
Bachelor's students can, for example, decide for themselves whether they want to prepare for the first examinations in February/March, even if their actual taking place is still uncertain, or whether they decide in advance for the examinations in March/April or April/May.
Attention: These regulations only apply to examinations in biology modules; modules from other faculties such as chemistry or mathematics are excluded!
What to do in case of: Postponement of graduation into the summer semester?
If your degree is postponed to the summer semester due to the current situation, e.g. because final theses cannot be started as planned, you have two options:
- You first enrol for the summer semester. If you complete your examinations (e.g. hand in your thesis) within one month of the start of lectures, you can then exmatriculate and claim back the semester fee you have already paid (more information here under "Exmatriculation").
- If this option is not possible for you, you can still complete the required examination according to APO § 22a if you have already been exmatriculated. Please note: If you choose this option, you must submit an informal request to email@example.com as soon as possible. Please name specific examination (e.g. module number), the reason for its delay and the period of time you plan to perform them. Please mind, with exmatriculation, you lose your status as a student of the university and have, for example, only limited or no access to the electronic systems of the university and no semester ticket.
Information for international students
For international students, Göttingen International offers a current overview of regulations for entering and traveling to Göttingen under pandemic conditions.
Enrolment in Master programmes
Students who begin a Master's programme at WiSe20/21 may submit the BSc certificate until 15.05.2021. Please note that your enrolment status is still 'auflösend bedingt' until all admission documents have been submitted.
Submission and issue of documents
All documents that were submitted as hard copy can now be submitted as digital version. Certificates that exist as hard copy must be scanned and sent via e-mail. Digital documents that can be filled in using your computer and need your signature only (or without signature at all) do not need to be printed. Simply fill in the information using your computer and send it via e-mail (student`s e-mail address if signature is necessary!).
In case you cannot submit documents via e-mail, please use the mail box at the Wilhelm-Weber-Str.2 (usually accessible on weekdays between 8 am and 5 pm).
How to register:
You need to collect all signatures of all your supervisors via circulation proceedure using postal service. Send us the certificate including all signatures via e-mail.
How to submit:
You can submit your final thesis exclusively as pdf using the upload portal in FlexNow! The declaration of authorship can be included in your work without your signature. You do not need to hand in a hard copy version later.
Since personal collection is currently not possible, please send a sufficiently stamped and correctly addressed return envelope in DIN C4 format to the Examination Office of the Faculty of Biology and Psychology and request that your degree documents be sent to you with a short covering letter.
Information for GAUSS doctoral students
COVID-19-related measures taken by GAUSS can be found here.
Your studies during winter term 20/21
The winter term 20/21 is still under planing.
However, the following details can be announced:
- Modules will again be offered as a mixture of online and face-to-face teaching in winter term. Especially practical courses will include face-to-face teaching and attendance in Göttingen is required.
- The lecture period officially starts the 2 November 2020.
Important: Master courses, as well as courses organised as block modules ("Zweiter Studienabschnitt" in bachelor programme Biodiversity) start already October 26th, 2020!
Abmeldungen von Praktika im Bachelor
Die Abmeldungen von den Praktika des SoSe sind in FlexNow wieder geöffnet bis zum 15.05.20 (23:59 Uhr). Wer seine Planung in der aktuellen Situation dahingehend geändert hat, ein angemeldetes Praktikum in diesem Semester doch nicht zu besuchen, kann sich bis dahin wieder abmelden.
Nachholtermine für ausgefallene Prüfungen im März / April
Die ausgefallenen Klausuren aus dem Wintersemester werden ab Anfang Mai in Präsenz nachgeholt. Dabei werden die Klausuren in ausreichend großen Räumen unter Wahrung der Sicherheitsvorschriften geschrieben. Weitere Hinweise und Maßnahmen finden Sie in den Informationen der Fakultät zu Prüfungen (pdf).
Bisher feststehende Klausurtermine werden hier veröffentlicht; die Planungen laufen jedoch noch, sodass die Liste nach und nach ergänzt werden muss.
Studierende, die für den ausgefallenen Klausurtermin angemeldet sind, werden automatisch für den neuen Termin eingetragen und müssen sich nicht aktiv anmelden. Sie können sich jedoch von jedem Nachholtermin abmelden und die Prüfung zum nächsten regulären Termin im Februar 2021 absolvieren.
Können aufgrund von Härtefällen bestimmte Zugangsvoraussetzungen (beispielsweise im BSc Biologie 40 C des ersten Studienabschnitts für die biologischen Grundlagenmodule) nicht erfüllt werden, besteht selbstverständlich die Möglichkeit, Härtefallanträge an die Prüfungskommission zu stellen.
E-learning starting the 20 April
Education during summer term shall start the 20 April 2020. There will be an e-learning offer for several courses. A list of courses that are available as e-learning are published here.
- List of courses BSc Biologie, BSc Biodiversität and 2-Fächer-BA (Education) (pdf)
- List of courses BSc Biochemie (pdf)
- List of courses MSc DNB (pdf)
- List of courses MSc MLS-MBB (pdf)
- List of courses Master of Education (pdf)
To join the e-learning for each course, you need to register in StudIP for the respective module/course. After registration you will find further course-specific information on procedure and teaching offer.