War in Ukraine – Information for affected persons
Here you will find information for people affected by the war in Ukraine on the topics: Arriving in Germany and Göttingen, studying and researching at Göttingen University, funding opportunities and support and counselling services.
General information for refugees from UkraineArrival in Germany
General information (partly multilingual):
The first steps after arrival in Göttingen are: Registering at the city hall, clarifying residency status, and finding housing. The city of Göttingen has compiled important information in several languages for the arrival in Göttingen.
Information for Prospective Students, Students, and Guest ResearchersProspective Students
You would like to study or do your doctorate at the University of Göttingen?
- Information on the application for an undergraduate programme
Please note the new regulations on the evaluation of Ukrainian university entrance qualifications
Handout with information on the application procedure for Ukranians: German, Ukranian
- Information on the application for a Master's Degree programme
- Information on the application for a Doctoral Degree programme
You would like to study or do your doctorate in Germany in general?
- The Digital Campus supports you with a variety of offers on your path to studying in Germany.
Please feel invited to contact us in case of further questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are already a student in Göttingen and have questions about
- the continuation of your studies? Please contact email@example.com.
- working, while or after studying? Please contact our Start Guides.
You are a visiting researcher or would like to invite a guest researcher to Göttingen? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Programmes and InitiativesAnnouncement of the VW Foundation
The VW Foundation has announced an aid programme with a total budget of 5 million euros, to which Ukrainian guest researchers can apply. Funding for 6-12 months is possible (1,500 Euro/month for PhD students, 2,100 Euro/month for Post Docs).
The Seminar for Slavic Philology offers general information and translation support for refugees from Ukraine.
Telekom offers SIM-cards free of charge for refugees from Ukraine.
Refugees from Ukraine can attend Integration courses free of charge. Integration courses give the chance to learn German and basics about the legal system, the culture, and history of Germany. An overview of all offered Integration courses can be found here.
The IIK Göttingen e.V. offers German language courses free of charge for refugees of Ukraine. The courses are intended to teach the linguistic basics for communication in German and thus enable communication in everyday life. Participation in the courses is intended to facilitate the transition to the integration courses (see above). Further information and the possibility to register can be found here.
Die DW's online German courses are now available in 12 languages. They can be accessed online on the desktop or mobile on smartphone and tablet. All learning opportunities can be used free of charge, supplemented by the "DW Learn German" app.
Science for Ukraine: Initiative for the Support of Ukrainian Researchers. Through an online form, departments can provide available space for students, PhDs, and postdocs.
Counselling services for refugeesSupport in finding a job in Germany
- You wish support in finding a job in Germany? Please feel invited to contact the Start Guides of the University of Göttingen via the enquiry form.
- Visit info sessions offered by 'IQ Netzwerk' in Göttingen and learn everything about recognition of international certificates and qualification.
- Moreover, please find a leaflet for war refugees from Ukraine working in Lower Saxony/Germany: German version, Ukrainian version.
- In addition, helpful information in matters of applying for social aid for people from Ukraine are compiled here: German version, Ukrainian version.
The Refugee Law Clinic e.V. offers free legal advice and other assistance for migrants, especially asylum seekers and refugees. The counselling is limited to non-judicial legal counselling in asylum and foreigners law.
The NTFN e.V. (Network for traumatized refugees in Lower Saxony) offers free psychological and psycho-social support for refugees (even for kids and teenager) in Lower Saxony. Please find following contact information for Göttingen in different languages:
This page is under construction and will be updated continuously.