EUinDepth: European Identity, Cultural Diversity and Political Change
Since 2014 the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen participates in a 4-years project of the European Commission entitled "EUinDepth: European Identity, Cultural Diversity and Political Change" (Nr. PIRSES-GA-2013-612619).
Bringing together 14 leading universities from the European Union and Russia this interdisciplinary project analyses the transformations of the identity formation in (and of) Europe. Exploring contexts within as well as outside of the European Union the project seeks to expose the diversity of ways in which Europe and its frontiers are being constructed both politically and culturally.
The research conducted within the project by the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen is being supervised by Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. h.c. Martin Tamcke and focuses on the multiple ways in which religious traditions have been involved in the constructions and transformations of European identities. Another major focus lies on the examination of intercultural and inter-religious interactions and their changing patterns in the societies of Eastern and Western Europe. Results of the research are going to be published in the renown European journals. Beyond this the Institute of Ecumenical Theology of the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen are to prepare an edited volume on the topic of the project.
Being a part of Marie Curie Action International Research Staff Exchange scheme the project enables around 25 experienced and early-stage researchers of the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen to undertake a short-term mobility (1 month) at one of the partner universities in Russia. At the same time around 30 Russian scholars are expected to visit Göttingen within the next 4 years.
The overall coordination of the project is being done by the National Institute for Economic Research and the Center of International Projects of Academy of Sciences of Moldova. Besides of the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen consortium consists from the following universities:
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium)
- Institut D'etudes Politiques De Bordeaux (France)
- Eotvos Lorand University Budapest (Hungary)
- Universita di Siena (Italy)
- Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Birmingham (UK)
- Institute of Europe of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow)
- Institute of World Economy and International Relations (Moscow)
- Kuban State University
- Perm State National Research University
- National Research Tomsk State University
- Udmurt State University
- Voronezh State University
For the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen the project is being coordinated by Stanislau Paulau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Research Fellowships from Russian partner universities [December 2015]
- 12 Research Fellowships from Russian partner universities [November 2014]