Angewandte empirische Forschung - M.Sc./PhD
- Module: Angewandte empirische Forschung
- Presented by: Dr. Matthias Meyer, TNS Infratest
- UniVZ: 800423
- Cycle: Every winter term
- Credits: 6 ECTS
- Courses of study: PhD, Master WI, Master Ufü, Master MDM
- Type of teaching and learning: Seminar
- Examination: Presentation and final paper
- Language: German
- Administrative questions: Muhammad Raheel
- Content related questions: Dr. Matthias Meyer
Winter term 2017/2018
- Registration starts at: 20th of September 2018, 09:00 (am) via email to Muhammad Raheel
emails sent before this date would not lead to registration. Please include your full name, matriculation number and study program in the email.
- The decision about the participation in this course will be communicated per email on 29.09.2018.
- Restriction: Maximum of 12 students
Lecture (2 Days):
- Day 1: 13.11.2018, from 09:00 am - 05:00 pm, Seminar Room, 1.OG SUB
- Day 2: 14.11.2018, from 09:00 am - 05:00 pm, Seminar Room 1.OG SUB
- Final presentations and exam: 28.01.2019, from 09:00 am - 05:00 pm, SUB Großer Seminar Raum
The course discusses the practical use of empirical research methods concerning information management and business economics. This course is aimed toward students and postgraduates with a focus on Business Informatics, Marketing, and Administration. Participants will be provided with the necessary tools for empirically founded work for term papers or dissertations.
At the end of the seminar, students should possess the basic knowledge and experience necessary to conduct quantitative analyses for studies or practice. Furthermore, students should understand the concept of expressing and validating propositions and be able to analyze collected data.
Overview of the module contents
- Basic principles of empirical research
- Research process
- Data collection
- Evaluation and interpretation
- Applied empirical research
- Execution of own empirical research
- Presentation of results
- "Lessons learned"