Application for the Erasmus+ programme
1. Find out about possibilities - until 31 December
Find out about partner universities of the Faculty of Biology, places available and respective course offer. Please mind the timetable for mandatory courses for your studies in Göttingen and consider a consultation meeting with your student advisor (contact office of studies).
Please respect the language requirements and certificates prior to your application. The university-wide call for application provides important information on procedure, allocation of places, language requirements and required certificates.
2. Application - 1 to 31 January
Application for placement and grant in the Erasmus+ programme Biology for the next academic year (winter and/or summer term) is possible the 1 - 31 January each year. The order of the incoming applications does not matter as long as you submit your application within the application period.
There migth be a call for left-over places for an student exchange during summer term. Information will be published on this webpage and at the BioBlog.
You must use the online portal „MoveON“ to apply. Please select the correct application form (Erasmus+ application […] 2020/21). You can insert up to three universities to apply for.
The following documents need to be uploaded to complete the application form:
- a single letter of motivation (in which you explain your reasoning/motivation for each of the universities you prefer; in English or German; name Dr. Schürer as programme coordinator)
- Transcript of records (from FlexNow, please include courses that are not completed yet, "ranking" is not mandatory)
- Certificate of matriculation (application in January: winter term!)
- Graduation certificates (high school or bachelor’s certificate)
- If applicable, the necessary language certificates for each desired university (in case it is not evident from your transcript of records)
After submission of your application in MoveON, modification of your application is no longer possible. Please save the generated document for your own records. If you realise that you have forgotten some documents, you will need to complete the entire application again.
3. Ranking of applications - 1 to 20 February
All correctly submitted applications will be reviewed and ranked according to the criteria published at the university-wide call for application. Approximately 6 to 8 students (might vary from year to year) receive an offer of financial support and are selected by ranking.
By 20 February latest, you receive the offer of placement via e-mail (email@example.com).
4. Steps after offer of placement - past 28 February
We kindly ask you to answer the offer of placement prior to 28 Feburary. Then, we will inform you about next steps (see also Steps after admission to Erasmus+). It will be considered as rejection of the offer if you do not reply in time.