Students are educated to become senior managers in the wood industry and related industries (chemistry, engineering, biotechnology), as well as for positions in agencies, research and development, and teaching.
Examples of possible careers are:
* Round wood purchasing and processing
* Wood trading
* Adding value to solid wood by drying, gluing, laminating and modifying
* Development and production of wood products and feedstocks
* Wood an energy source
* Use of wood waste
* Environmental protection in the wood industry
* Enzyme technology and fermentation
* Molecular biology
An overview of the many career prospects in the wood industry and notice of possible openings can be found at http://www.holz.uni-goettingen.de/deutsch/master.html
Experience abroad and knowledge of languages are vital for a successful career. This link provides information about possibilities to learn these skills.