CeMIS Film Series: “Crossings”
In its second edition as a ‘live’, in-person film series, Crossings showcases the state of the art of Indian non-fiction film by foregrounding a series of significant journeys made by filmmakers using distinctive and innovative forms of communication.
Beginning on the 9th of November, 2023, and culminating on the 25th of January, 2024, in Göttingen, the series presents a diverse range of films by Anandita Bajpai, Shahrukhkhan Chavada, Prateek Shekhar, Rebana Liz John, Srishti Lakhera, Somnath Waghmare, and Shaunak Sen that blend and bridge the personal and the political in different modes of non-fiction and alternative fiction storytelling to engage with the pressing themes and events of our times.
- 09 November; ‘The Sound of Friendship’ by Anandita Bajpai
- 20 November; ‘Which Colour?’ by Shahrukhkhan Chavada
- 27 November; ‘Chardi Kala - An Ode to Resilience’ by Prateek Shekhar
- 07 December; ' Ladies Only' by Rebana Liz John
- 18 December; ‘Once Upon a Village’ by Srishti Lakhera
- 15 January; ‘Chaityabhumi’ by Somnath Waghmare
- 25 January; ‘All That Breathes’ by Shaunak Sen
Free public screenings will be hosted at various Göttingen venues, including the Historical Observatory, the Kino Lumière, and the Alfred-Hessel-Saal in Paulinerkirche.
Find the pdf
ICAS: MP - the M.S. Merian – R. Tagore International Centre of Advanced Studies ‘Metamorphoses of the Political’