Dr. Cristina Quintas-Soriano is a postdoctoral researcher in the research group of Social-Ecological interactions in agricultural systems in the universities of Kassel since July 2018. She studied a Bachelor in Environmental Sciences and a Master degree in Global Change Assessment at the University of Almería, Spain. In addition, she completed her PhD on the "Analysis of land uses, ecosystem services, and human well-being in arid social-ecological systems of the Iberian Peninsula".
Her research interests focus on the study of the links between ecosystems and human well-being using a multidisciplinary approach for the analysis of ecosystem services considering different dimensions of valuation. She has participated in different international projects such as the MILES program (Managing Idaho's Landscapes for Ecosystem Services) or the PECS endorsed project , WaterSES (Water scarcity and governance across Social-Ecological Systems).
Currently she is involved in the project Rural-urban transformation processes in arid and semi-arid areas of the Mediterranean (go-PRIMA) with the goal to analyze rural-urban transition processes under arid and semi-arid conditions in the Mediterranean across the study of contrasting contexts among South European vs. North African and Middle Eastern regions.
- Quintas-Soriano, C., J. Brandt, K. Running, C. V. Baxter, D. M. Gibson, J. Narducci, and A. J. Castro. 2018. Social-ecological systems influence ecosystem service perception: a Programme on Ecosystem Change and Society (PECS) analysis. Ecology and Society 23(3):3. https://doi.org/10.5751/ES-10226-230303
- Quintas-Soriano, C., M. García-Llorente, and A. J. Castro. 2018. What ecosystem service science has achieved in Spanish drylands? Evidences of need for transdisciplinary science. Journal of Arid Environments: in press. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaridenv.2018.01.004
- Quintas-Soriano, C., Castro, A. J., Castro, H., García-Llorente, M. 2016. Impacts of land use change on ecosystem services and implications for human well-being in Spanish drylands. Land Use Policy 54:534–548, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2016.03.011.
- Quintas-Soriano, C., Martín-López, B., Santos-Martín, F., Benayas, J., Montes, C., García-Llorente, M. 2016. Ecosystem services values in Spain: A meta-analysis. Environmental Science and Policy 55:186-195, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsci.2015.10.001
- Quintas-Soriano, C., Castro, A.J., García-Llorente, M., Cabello, J., Castro, H. 2014. From supply to social demand: a landscape-scale analysis of the water regulation service. Landscape Ecology 29:1069-1082, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10980-014-0032-0
Further publications on ResearchGate