Fast Forward - The Ultimate Productivity System for Researchers
- Responsible person
- Nadine Sinclair
- Information event via Zoom
29th September, 11:00 - 11:30
Live Kickoff Workshop
17th October, 10:00 - 11:30
Sessions are held for 7 consecutive weeks every Wednesday or Thursday from 17:00 - 18:00 starting 19th or 20 th October
- Video conference tool
- Number of seats
- Please send an email until 03.10.2022 to email@example.com, including a short motivation statement and your commitment to complete the course. Please don't register via the Fast Forward online portal as you would need to pay the full regular fee yourself.
Pre-requisites This training is for you if you can attend all live Q&A sessions, have a project that you can work on during the course, are ready to roll up your sleeves to work with the tools and techniques and willing to engage with the trainers and your peers on these topics. This training is not for you if you are just looking for information on personal productivity and project management, cannot take the time to attend the live Q&A sessions and implement the techniques, or are unwilling to engage in discussions with others. Ideally the project should last at least 3 months from the beginning of the course and at minimum 8 weeks. Your project of choice should have a professional context – it can be a research project, writing a paper/thesis, literature search to define a project, job search or similar.
Format: This workshop includes
- Weekly pre-recorded lectures to watch at your own pace
- Weekly 1-hour live Q&A session via Zoom video conference hosted by the trainer Nadine Sinclair to answer your questions ( Please note: If you miss more than one of the Q&A sessions you will neither receive a certificate nor any credits.)
- Self-study workbooks and templates to help you implement the techniques in your projects with actionable feedback on weekly course assignments on a dedicated private community platform
- Private community that allows you to interact with peers and exchange additional resources
- Personal Productivity Score assessment at the beginning and end of the course
- average workload per week: approximately 3-4h
Learn from an expert how powerful and transformative a simple and robust productivity system can be. Participate in this implementation program, which is a 7-week coaching program designed to help you implement an agile project and time management system in your research projects. It will transform the way you work and help you achieve new levels of clarity, focus and momentum in your projects, while reducing your stress level.
After more than five years of working for one of the most prestigious management consulting firms, Nadine set up her own ventures. Since then, she has been running several companies at the same time while traveling for 4-5 months every year, often asking herself what would have happened, if she had learned these skills earlier in her career when she was still in research. This program integrates her lessons and insights from the past 10 years of working with the top minds in consulting and industry, talking and listening to productivity experts and reading thousands and thousands of pages on the topic of productivity, learning and stress reduction.
Please check out the course webpage for further information on what the Fast Forward program includes in detail, how it works, how long the online material is accessible etc.
Once you have been enrolled in the course:
- You will receive the course agreement with details about the prerequisites for being awarded credits and certificates (i.e. completion of all modules, participation in Q&A Sessions, completion of assignments), confidentiality and intellectual property
- Once you have signed the course agreement electronically, you will receive a welcome e-mail with your access details to the course and the invitation to the group
- You can access the Getting Started Module straight away, the remaining modules will be released one at a time every week.
Admission requirements: Students of GFA
Your registration for courses and workshops offered by the GFA is binding. If you want to cancel your registration later than three weeks prior to the workshop start date, you have to provide a physician's note. A late deregistration without a reason for illness is only possible with the consent of the first supervisor. If non of these two conditions is met, you will be barred from registering for GFA courses for the period of one year.
Please be aware that with a late deregistration you block seats for other PhD students, which otherwise could have taken part in the workshop.
To earn credits for a workshop/course, you must not miss more than 10% of total contact hours. In most cases, this will be less than a day. If it is inevitable that you miss more than a whole day, please notify us well in advance (at least one week).