Handicap compensation application for examinations and examination prerequisites
Disabilities or chronic diseases can lead to direct disadvantages in university studies. Therefore compensation possibilities for handicaps have been provided, which are designed to offset such handicaps on an individual basis.
Handicap compensation concerns the form in which studies are to be performed. It does not affect the required quality standards in any way. The objective is to change general conditions in such a way that all students are provided with equal opportunities to complete their studies.
In the right-hand column, you will find more detailed information on “handicap compensation”. If you wish to lodge an application for handicap compensation, please contact the relevant information and counselling institutions of Göttingen University as early as possible:
- Answers to basic questions on prerequisites, required evidence and procedures for handicap compensation
- Information on additional possibilities of assistance and structural measures to remove or mitigate existing barriers
- General counselling on the choice of subjects for study and occupational orientation, organisation of studies and management of critical situations while studying
- Information about the possibility of handicap compensation
- In exceptional cases: preparation of appropriate statements
- Counselling on the implementation of individual handicap compensation in compliance with the requirements for examination prerequisites and examination results
- Reaching agreements with the examination office and teaching staff
- Clarification support: practical recommendations for action