International Students (Bachelor, Master, Doctoral Studies)

The Accommodation Service offers support and information regarding accommodation in Göttingen for international Bachelor and Master students who plan to start their studies in Göttingen.

In general, please note that the official acceptance for one of our study programmes does not automatically include a room reservation.

Halls of residence of the Studentenwerk (Student Services Organisation)
As international Bachelor or Master student you can apply at the Studentenwerk for a room in their halls of residence. The following website offers infomation about the different halls and the application process:

Studentenwerk (Student Services)

Private housing market
Alternatively, you can have a look on the private housing market. The following websites might be helpful for your search:

intermediate rent

Recently, a facebook website has been created specifically for the search for accommodation in Göttingen. There you can find room offers or put up a "Room wanted" note:
Facebook flat search Göttingen

Rooms are also advertised on the notice board located close to the Café Central in the main lecture hall building (ZHG). There are also two local newspapers which advertise rooms for rent once a week - the Göttinger Tageblatt (every Saturday and the Blick (every Wednesday)

Please start to search for an accommodation as early as possible and do not underestimate the difficulties in finding a room!

In Germany most accommodation which is offered on the private housing market is rented out unfurnished. For this reason, please always double check if furniture is included or take into account that you need to buy some furniture.

If you have any questions, please contact the Accommodation Service.