- Since 11/2014 PhD student at the University of Göttingen
- 08/2019 - 09/2019 Research visit at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia (project funded by the DAAD for 2019-2020 jointly with Tino Berger and Benjamin Wong, Monash University, on "New Methods for Incorporating Financial Factors in Estimating Potential Output")
- 04/2019 - 07/2019 PhD Trainee at the European Central Bank, DG International and European Relations, External Developments Divison
- 08/2017 - 10/2017 Research visit at Ghent University, Belgium (Promoter: Gerdie Everaert)
- 2011 - 2014 Master of Science in Economics, University of Kiel, Germany and Syddansk Universitet, Odense, Denmark
Thesis: Fiscal Policy Effectiveness in Recessions and Financial Crises
- 2008 - 2011 Bachelor of Science in Economics at the University of Kiel
Thesis: On the Sustainability of Public Finance in Industrialized Countries (awarded with the Erich-Schneider-Award 2012)
I left the Chair of Empirical International Economics in May 2020 and joined the German Council of Economic Experts.
- Applied Macroeconomics, International Business Cycles and Business Cycle Synchronization, Macro-Financial Linkages,Time Series Analysis, Dynamic Factor Models, Bayesian Estimation
- "International macro-financial linkages matter: estimating finance-adjusted output gaps in G7 countries" with Tino Berger
- "Financial factors and the business cycle" with Tino Berger and Benjamin Wong, [working paper] , [online appendix] .
- "What has caused global business cycle decoupling: Smaller shocks or reduced sensitvity?", with Tino Berger, [working paper] .
- Jannsen, N., Richter, J. (2012). "Foreign Capacity Utilisation and German Exports of Capital Goods" (in German), Wirtschaftsdienst, 92(12), Springer-Verlag, S. 833-837.
- March 2019: SNDE 27th Annual Symposium, Dallas, Texas, U.S. (talk)
- February 2019: 12th RGS Doctoral Conference in Economics, Bochum, Germany (talk)
- January 2019: 13th ifo Dresden Workshop on Macroeconomics and the Business Cycle, ifo Institut Dresden branch, Germany (talk)
- June 2018: CEF 24th Annual Conference on Computing in Economics and Finance, Milan, Italy (talk)
- May 2018: 2nd Workshop on Financial Econometrics and Empirical Modelling of Financial Markets, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, Germany (talk)
- March 2018: SNDE 26th Annual Symposium, Tokyo, Japan (talk)
- February 2018: 11th RGS Doctoral Conference in Economics, Essen, Germany (talk)
- February 2017: 19. Göttinger Workshop "Internationale Wirtschaftsbeziehungen", Göttingen, Germany (talk)
- December 2016: Seminar on Statistics and Econometrics, Kiel University, Germany (talk)
- November 2016: DIW Macroeconometrics Workshop, Berlin, Germany (talk)
- October 2016: ESOBE European Seminar on Bayesian Econometrics, Venice, Italy (poster)
- March 2016: SNDE 24th Annual Symposium, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, U.S. (talk)
Work in progress
Publications in non-reviewed journals
Conferences and Workshops