Language Revision Grant
The GFA offers a grant for assistance with the linguistic revision of the completed dissertation or for writing advisory sessions. This grant is funded by DAAD. You can apply for two different funding options:
- If you have finished the draft of your dissertation, but not yet submitted it to the faculty, you can apply for financial support for proof reading/linguistic revision. The linguistic revision of the dissertation shall take place in close cooperation between the doctoral candidate and a lecturer, who is qualified for language revision and didactics. The revision grant makes support available amounting to € 500 max. The funds are not intended to be sufficient for the complete remuneration for editorial assistance in which the task is seen as a service. Rather, the author of the dissertation carries out the main steps necessary for linguistic revision of the manuscript themselves or in cooperation with those assisting.
- If you are still in the process or writing your dissertation, you can apply for writing advisory sessions. By working on already written parts of your dissertation, through the joint revision together with a trainer you will sustainably improve your academic writing skills. The writing advisory sessions can take place in cooperation with the "Internationales Schreibzentrum".
- PhD student member of the GFA and enrollment at the Georg-August-University
- If you apply for the linguistic revision, the content and arguments of the PhD thesis have to be finalized (but thesis not yet submitted to the faculty); if you apply for the writing advisory sessions you must have already finished parts of your thesis you can work on during these sessions
- Participants of PhD programs that offer financial support may only apply in case their program cannot support them (please include statement).
- Funding ends when the thesis is submitted
Application (German or English) must include
- Academic CV
- Statement of need (eight pages max) that includes the following aspects
- beginning of thesis research and financing until now
- title and table of contents of the dissertation that shows which parts of the dissertation are finished
- short description which kind of writing support is needed
- description of additional reasons (e.g. residence permit, need of assistance, family responsibilities or needs)
- description of additional academic reasons for financial support (e.g. cotutelle, award)
- Statement of PhD supervisor (including contact data), which shows why a grant is necessary and as well that and when the submission of the PhD thesis is expected
- confirmation as PhD student at Goettingen University Each international PhD student, who writes the thesis in another than her or his mother tongue and who is a member of the GFA can apply for this funding option. Application is possible via mail or email (as pdf) to
Graduiertenschule Forst- und Agrarwissenschaften