Dorcus Kholofelo Malomane, MSc.
Membership in scientific societies
- Member of the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professional (SACNASP)
- Member of the Genetics Society of America (GSA)
EducationMaster of Agriculture (Animal Production) at the University of Limpopo, South Africa (MSc.)
- Major: Animal breeding and genetics
- Title of the the master thesis: "Application of principal component analysis to body weight and morphological characteristics of three indigenous chicken breeds found in the Limpopo Province"
- Major: Animal Production
- 2012-2013 - Animal Production Research Interne, Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF), South Africa and Agricultural Research Council (ARC), South Africa
- 2011 - Student assistant and informal tutor (Bachelor courses: Animal Breeding & Genetics and Biometry), Department of Agricultural Economics and Animal Production, University of Limpopo, South Africa
- 2017 European Symposium of Poultry Genetics (ESPG) 2017 PhD (best abstract) award
- 2013 Agricultural Biotechnology International Conference (ABIC 2013) award, ABIC, Canada
- 2011 Animal Production degree 2010 Best student Award, University of Limpopo, South Africa
- Malomane, D. K., C. Reimer, S. Weigend, A. Weigend, A. R. Sharifi, & H. Simianer, 2018. Efficiency of different strategies to mitigate ascertainment bias when using SNP panels in diversity studies. BMC Genomics, 19:22.
- Malomane, D. K., D. Norris, C.B. Banga, J. W. N’gambi, 2014. The Use of factor scores for predicting body weight from linear body measurements in three South African indigenous chicken breeds. Tropical Animal Health and Production journal, 46: 331–335.