For the practical forest work, you will need protection gear consisting of a helmet with sight and ear guard, safety boots, safety pants and gloves. Some enterprises offer the required gear to their interns. For those enterprises that don’t, you should check in time what exactly it is that you need. The forest administrations of the Länder usually give grants to support you with the purchase. For this, however, certain safety standards have to be met!

Health certificate
Frequently, the forest enterprises will ask of you a doctor’s health certificate, to ensure that your general state of health is adequate. You can find an exemplary form below.
Please be aware that the health certificate from the medical officer to ensure fitness, as it is needed for applying to the traineeship programs of the Länder, demands a much higher standard (strength of vision, hearing…).

Exemplary form of the health certificate (pdf)

Next page