To guarantee excellent learning environment and sufficient laboratory space, admission to B.Sc. in Molecular Ecosystem Sciences is restricted to 25 students per year.
To qualify for application to the B.Sc. in Molecular Ecosystem Sciences, applicants must have acquired university entrance qualification.
You can find more information about university entrance qualification here
You can also consult the following websites to check whether you meet university entrance qualification requirements:
(in German)DAAD database
(in German or English)
It is expected that applicants have a solid background in science-related subjects, such as Biology, Ecology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Mathematics and others. The program is designed in a way that demands significant personal initiative and good studying habits for a successful completion of modules.
*If you meet the requirements for admissions, please refer to this page for the list of additional documents for application and enrolment.
**Academic requirements may differ for different countries of study. Please contact the Office of Student Affairs (EU/EEA students) or International Office (non-EU students) to verify your requirements.
***List of international student advisors can be found here. Make sure to contact the advisor responsible for your country of origin.
English Language Requirements
As our program is taught in English, applicants must be able to demonstrate a satisfactory level of proficiency in the English language. German language skills are not
required for this study program, although useful for everyday life.
Applicants whose native tongue is not
English must submit at least one of the following:
*Applicants who have completed at least 2 semesters of study or work in an English speaking country can contact us for submitting the proof of English language abilities.
- „Cambridge English: First“ (FCE) at least grade A
- „Cambridge English: Advanced“ (CAE) at least grade C
- „Cambridge English: Proficiency“ (CPE) at least “pass”
- IELTS Academic („International English Language Testing System“): at least Band 6
- „Test of English as a Foreign Language”, internet-based test (TOEFL iBT): at least 80 points
- „Test of English as a Foreign Language", paper-based test (TOEFL PBT): at least 550 points
- „The Pearson Test of English Academic“ (PTE Academic), at least 60 points
- UNIcert: level II
- B2 proof according to CEF (Common European Framework)
If you have any more questions after looking at our website and provided resources, please feel free to contact us