Selected peer-reviewed articles
- M. Grimm, and R. Hartwig (2022), All eyes on the price: An assessment of the willingness-to-pay for eyeglasses in rural Burkina Faso, Health Economics, forthcoming.
- M. Grimm, R. Hartwig, A.-K. Reitmann, and F. Bocoum (2021), Inter-household Transfers: An Empirical Investigation of the Income-Transfer Relationship with Novel Data from Burkina Faso, World Development, 144: 105486.
- R. Sparrow, T. Dartanto, and R. Hartwig (2020), Indonesia Under the New Normal: Challenges and the Way Ahead, Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, 56(3): 269-299.
- J.-M. Baland, C. Guirkinger, and R. Hartwig (2019), Now or Later? The Allocation of the Pot and the Insurance Motive in Fixed Roscas, Journal of Development Economics, 140: 1-11.
- R. Hartwig, R. Sparrow, S. Budiyati, A. Yumma, N. Warda, A. Suryahadi, and A. Bedi (2019), Effects of Decentralised Health Care Financing on Maternal Care in Indonesia, Economic Development and Cultural Change, 67(3): 659-686.
- F. Bocoum, M. Grimm, R. Hartwig, and N. Zongo (2019), Can Information Increase the Understanding and Uptake of Insurance? Lessons from a Randomized Experiment in Rural Burkina Faso, Social Science & Medicine, 220: 102-111.
- E. Gehrke, and R. Hartwig (2018), Productive Effects of Public Works Programs: What Do We Know? What Should We Know? World Development, 107: 111-124.
- M. Grimm, R. Hartwig, and J. Lay (2017), Does Forced Solidarity Hamper Investment in Small and Micro Enterprises? Journal of Comparative Economics, 45(5): 827-846.