Responsibles for dealing with conflicts
Several institutions provide help, information and advice about conflict prevention issues.
- Staff Council (without UMG)
Dr. Johannes Hippe
Staff counselling, rules infringement, communication
- Staff development / HR department
Dr. Holger Epstein
Institutions and executive consultancy
- Equal opportunities officer
Dr. Doris Hayn
Advisory service concerning sexual harassment / violence and conflict intervention
- Corporate medical services
Dr. med. Karin Reimers
Medical counselling about conflicts and health problems
- Ombudsperson for students
Meike S. Gottschlich M.A.
Counselling concerning conflicts and difficulties about the studies
- Addiction commissioner
Addiction counselling of any kind, directed to affected and interested people
- Representatives for Severely Handicapped Persons
Counselling concerning all kinds of interests of severely handicapped employees. Appointment by arrangement.
- Ombudsman matters and good scientific practice
Dr. Veronika Fuest
Confidential and individual advice to affected and complainant persons in cases of suspected scientific misconduct. Clarifications about university intern ombuds procedure, if necessary contact with an appropriated third person will be enabled. If required individual coaching.
- Family services
Consultancy on reconciliation between studies, working life and family.
- Diversity Management for students
Information and counselling services about "barrier-free studying", studying with disabilities and/or chronic diseases.
- Psychological guidance (PSB)
Counselling service to assist students and university employees with study or workplace-related problems and personal crises.
- Psychotherapeutic Outpatient Clinic for Students (PAS)
Dipl.-Psych. Jens Hohmeier
Counselling for young adults suffering from acute study or life crises, family or relationship conflicts.
- Students' Union (AStA ) - Department for Social Affairs
Social counselling for students
Further points of assistance for students: