Study Programme & Supervision
- The study programme comprises 29 ECTS and includes:
- (1) lectures in statistical methods, e.g. "Spatial Statistics" or "Mixed Models"
- (2) specialized courses on topics relevant for the individual PhD projects
- (3) research seminars and an RTG colloquium
- (4) summer schools after one and two years
- (5) skills training, e.g. "Scientific Writing" or "Diversity competence"
All courses are taught in English.
- Within the study programme, scientific exchange is fostered by
- interdisciplinary research seminars
- visiting researchers and an RTG colloquium
- obligatory attendance of workshops and conferences
- optional research stays abroad; in some projects they are obligatory
An overview of the study program you find here.
Each PhD student is supervised by an interdisciplinary thesis committee comprising at least three members. In each thesis committee, supervisors from statistical methodology are represented as well as supervisors from applied fields. Every six months, the students write a short progress report and discuss it with their thesis committee.