Integrated Plant and Animal Breeding (iPAB)
Shaping the future of breeding research
Are you interested in both crops and livestock?
Are you excited about an international career in breeding research?
Choose the new specialization for your master studies:
INTEGRATED PLANT AND ANIMAL BREEDING
Like us on facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
The application deadline for the winter term 2017/18 has passed.
We have finished the selection process and have sent letters of admission. Any inquiries regarding the admission are answered by the coordinator.
# NEWS - NEWS - NEWS - NEWS #
- 17.05.: The coordinator is back in office for this week, but will be out of office again from July 21 - 31.
- 15.05.: The application deadline for the winter term 2017/18 has passed. We are currently selecting candidates for admission. We ask all candidates to NOT inquire on wether you'll be admitted or not. You'll be informed on your status as soon as possible.
- 29.03.: The new study guides have arrived. Come by the coordinator's office for your copy!
- 23.03.: The module "Legal Issues" will is new this semester. See in the menu on the right for details and updates!
iPAB at a Glance:
Admission requirements: BSc in agriculture, biology or related disciplines; the admission regulations for the master program "Agricultural Sciences" will be applied; ONLY FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Proof of proficiency in English: CEFR Level C1 (TOEFL or equivalent)
Your profile: High degree of self-motivation and natural curiosity to tackle complex biological problems; Research-minded and not afraid of big data, mathematics and statistics; Interest in a long term engagement in international breeding research
Quantitative genetics and population genetics
Breeding schemes and programs in plant and animal breeding
Statistical genetics, breeding informatics and experimental design
Biotechnology and molecular genetics in plant and animal breeding
Selection theory, design and optimisation of breeding programs
Legal issues in plant and animal breeding
Poultry breeding and genetics
Biotechnology and forest genetics
...and further interesting modules...
iPAB prepares you for an international career in the breeding sector
- Plant breeding companies
- Animal breeding companies
- Breeding associations
- Public and private research centers
- Governmental agencies
- International organisations