Integrated Plant and Animal Breeding (iPAB)
Shaping the future of breeding research
Are you interested in both crops and livestock?
Are you excited about an international career in breeding research?
Choose the new master's program:
INTEGRATED PLANT AND ANIMAL BREEDING
The application portal is now open for NON-EU applicants until February 15th 2020
The application portal will open April 1st 2020 for EU applicants
Like us on facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
# NEWS - NEWS - NEWS - NEWS #
- 01.10.18: We are part of the EMABG Consortium!
- 01.02.18: iPAB will become a consecutive master's program from winter term 18/19 on!!!
- 11.09.17: To modernize our teaching, we'll digitalize the core curriculum of iPAB, starting from the coming winter term! As part of the new project, students will find many lectures as videos and additional digitial learning material.
- 22.08.17: The Center for integrated Breeding Research (CiBreed) has been founded. We're happy to be adjunct to a research center of that capacity and impact.
iPAB at a Glance:
Admission requirements: BSc in agriculture, biology or related disciplines; the admission regulations for the master program "Agricultural Sciences" will be applied; ONLY FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Proof of proficiency in English: CEFR Level C1 (TOEFL or equivalent)
Your profile: High degree of self-motivation and natural curiosity to tackle complex biological problems; Research-minded and not afraid of big data, mathematics and statistics; Interest in a long term engagement in international breeding research
Quantitative genetics and population genetics
Breeding schemes and programs in plant and animal breeding
Statistical genetics, breeding informatics and experimental design
Biotechnology and molecular genetics in plant and animal breeding
Selection theory, design and optimisation of breeding programs
Legal issues in plant and animal breeding
Poultry breeding and genetics
Biotechnology and forest genetics
...and further interesting modules...
iPAB prepares you for an international career in the breeding sector
- Plant breeding companies
- Animal breeding companies
- Breeding associations
- Public and private research centers
- Governmental agencies
- International organisations