born: June 27, 1970 in Frankfurt/Main, Germany
School and studies
- 10/1989 - 06/1994:
Studies at the University of Kassel: Chemistry and biology for teaching at secondary school
First state exam, Title of thesis: "Packaging materials based on starch ? under technological, ecological and didactical aspects"
- 10/1994 - 03/1999:
Additional studies at the University of Essen: Ecology
Diploma, title of thesis: "On the occurrence of silica in soils on technogenic substrates"
- 01/1999 - 08/2002:
Scientific staff at the Institute of Soil Science, University of Giessen
PhD at the Geography Department of the University of Marburg, title of thesis: "Genesis, distribution and properties of periglacial slope deposits in the Rhenish Massif - examples from Westerwald, Hunsrück und Eifel"
Postdoc in the post graduate program "Strategies of avoiding emissions of climate-relevant gases and environmentally toxic substances from agriculture and land use" at Hohenheim University, based at the Institute of Soil Science
- May 2003: short-term lectureship at the University of Evora (Portugal)
Scientific staff of the Physical Geography Group of the University of Bamberg in the mapping project "Quaternary of the Danube Valley and the valleys of the Small and Big Laaber" (financed by the Geological Survey of Bavaria)
- 01/2005 - 04/2011:
Scientific staff at the Institute of Soil Science and Land Evaluation of Hohenheim University
- development of a working group focussing on pedogenesis, soil chemistry, paleopedology and geomorphology, aiming at contributing to reconstruction of landscape history and at determining and quantifying silicon fractions and their dynamics in soils and landscapes
- 06/2011 Habilitation in Soil Science; Title of the habilitation thesis: "Direction and rates of soil development in different climates"
- 05/2011-07/2015: Interim Full Professorship, substituting the currently non-occupied position of the Chair of Landscape / Geoecology, Institute of Geography, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
- October 2011: Guest scientist at Jilin University, Changchun, China
- February 2014: Guest scientist at University of Lleida, Catalonia, Spain
- March 2014: Guest scientist at University of Sassari, Sardinia, Italy
- Since 08/2015 Full Professor, Head of the Department Physical Geography, Institute of Geography, University of Göttingen, Germany
Official functions and other relevant activities
Assistant Editor of "E&G Quaternary Science Journal"
Editorial Board Member of "Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science"
Reviewer work for National Science Foundations
Reviewer work for various international journals