GAUSS Career Service Unit
The GAUSS Career Service aims to support you and your career – both inside and outside of academia.
On this webpage you will find information about our services as well as general information about career planning. To facilitate the communication of emerging topics, announcements, calls and career-related information, this website is complemented by a blog and our postdoctoral network.
What are the advantages of registering with the GAUSS postdoctoral network?
- Access to workshops and seminars
- Regular information on upcoming events by e-mail
- Monthly newsletter with information on workshops, funding opportunities and job adverts
- On-demand individual counseling and advice
- Networking with other postdocs, e.g. in the Career Impulse Sessions
If you would like to join the GAUSS postdoctoral network on the Göttingen Campus and wish to make the most out of our services, please register here.
Our target group
Our services primarily address postdoctoral researchers in the natural and life sciences who have a time-limited contract or fellowship, and who work in research under the supervision of a principal investigator. Moreover, the career services are available to late-stage GGNB doctoral students who are considering their next career step.
It’s your turn!
Once you are registered, you will be informed about upcoming events, workshops, and seminars. You can join those events, workshops, and seminars to develop your career, to improve your skills, and to get to know other postdocs and use the power of a peer network. Moreover, you can suggest ideas and activities which could be provided or supported by the Career Service. You can publicly add career-relevant information and start discussions on our blog or send us comments via e-mail.
Come to see us to discuss how we can support you and your ideas and how you can take action!
Please do not hesitate to contact the coordinator of the GAUSS Career Service for any further questions!
GAUSS Career Blog
- Career Impulse Session with Sibylle Eisbach, CMC Manager in Global Regulatory Affairs at Bayer AG in Wuppertal, 6 April 2018, 14-16h
14. March 2018
We are happy to invite you to another Career Impulse Session titled “Lessons learned in small pharma and big pharma” with Dr. Sibylle Eisb ...
- Inaugural event of the Göttingen Campus Postdoc Community, 20 March 2018
13. March 2018
Under the motto “How to make the most of your postdoc”, all Göttingen postdocs and early career researchers are warmly invited to the Ina ...
- Workshop “Know Yourself – Emphasize Your Individual Strengths”, 17 April 2018
7. March 2018
You wonder what makes you stand out among other graduates with a PhD? You find it hard to tell others about yourself? You had a couple of job intervie ...
- Workshop “Job Hunting and Application Skills”, 26-27 April 2018
6. March 2018
We are happy to announce our next GAUSS Career Service workshop “Job Hunting and Application Skills – Natural and Life Sciences” by Gaby Schilli ...
- BioBusiness Summer School, 25-29 June 2018, Amsterdam
27. February 2018
The BioBusiness Summer School offers PhD students and Postdocs with a background in Life Sciences who are considering a career outside of acade ...
- “Freigeist” Fellowships for Postdocs (Volkswagen Foundation)
15. February 2018
The “Freigeist” Fellowship scheme is funded by the Volkswagen Foundation and open to junior researchers (up to 4 years postdoc experience) from al ...
- “Deutscher Studienpreis” (apply by 1 March 2018)
15. February 2018
Annually the Körber Foundation is awarding the “Deutsche Studienpreis” for outstanding dissertations (magna or summa cum laude) in all discipline ...