GIAN/ GAENSAR Symposium 2014
The international GIAN/ GAENSAR Symposium took place on 8th and 9th of October 2014 at the University of Teheran, Karaj. A group of ten German experts participated in the conference, along with more than 50 Iranian and international scientists.
Presentations and expert talks included a wide range of topics such as
- Sustainability Planning
- Desertification and Land Degradation
- Nature Conservation and Livelihoods in the South Caucasus
- Highlights of Environmental Education in Iranian Universities
- Developing precise and reliable monitoring techniques for ungulates in rugged landscapes of Iran
- Agrobiodiversity and Protected Areas (The case of Sorkh Abad Protected Area)
- Severity of Soil Degradation in Turkey
- Water Shortage and Overutilization of Land in Pakistan
- Residents´ Perception toward Environmental Impacts of Tourism Development: A Sample from Religious Tourism
- Ecosystem: objective or subjective? Ecological or socio-economic?
- Mitigation of human-leopard conflict in Iran through livestock collaring: lessons from villages around Golestan National Park
- Ecohydrological parameters of semi-arid afforestations in Iran: a connection with changes in meteorological parameters in recent years
- Polymer cellulosic Mulch for wind erosion and dust storm control
- Ecosystems: objective or subjective? Ecological or socio-economic?
- Possibilities and Limitations of Forestry in Drylands of Africa and South America
- Exploring the Network Models in Irans Natural Resources Policies Using Network Analysis Method
- Hydro-chemical and isotope studies along the Caleque-Oshakati water carrier system as possible indicators of anthropogenic influence in the semiarid, densely populated area of Northern Namibia
- Phytoncides, a pollutant factor or a therapy treatment?
as well as an overview on the Alumni-Network itself 'The Decade of GIAN-conferences on Environment: Lessons Learnt' by S. Amini and I. Howe