Junior - Prof. Dr. Dirk Felzmann
Educational reconstruction of geoscientific / physio-geographical issues
- Which conceptions do students construe about a specific issue?
- How can these constructions be explained?
- What is the fundamental core of this issue from a scientific perspective?
- Which consequences do result from these analyses for teaching the relevant issue?
Competence area "judgement"
- How do students judge about controversies within man-environment-contexts (like geoengineering, nature protection)?
- How can these controversies be structured by applied ethics?
- How can the quality of students' judgements within these controversies be improved?
Gaining knowledge within geoscience
- Which conceptions do students construe about gaining knowledge within geoscience?
- How can the different ways of gaining knowledge within geoscience be categorized from an educational perspective?
- How can understanding about gaining knowledge within geoscience be fostered?
- HGD (Acadamic Association for Geography Education)
- VDSG (Association of German Geography Teachers)
- MNU (Association for Fostering STEM-Education)
- NAGT (National Association of Geoscience Teachers)
- IGEO (International Geoscience Education Organisation)