19.02.18: We are happy to announce that a new team has been assembled for the organisation of Wocanet 2019! If you are interested in joining the team, you can still contact us.
Stay tuned for more news.
14.10.17: Thank you everyone for such an interesting and inspiring symposium! We are happy that you came and enjoyed this event with us and thank everyone who made it possible: speakers, sponsors, participants, and organizers!
You can find photos of the symposium here.
24.09.17: The registration is closed.
The registration for WoCaNet 2017 is extended until 24.09.17!! Please register here.
The registration for WoCaNet 2017 is now open until 15.09.17!! Please register here.
We are glad to confirm more speakers for WoCaNet 2017!
As session speakers, we would like to announce Melina Schuh, Director at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry in Göttingen, and Nadine Sinclair, Entrepreneur and Coaching & Consulting.
For a series of job talks, the first person we want to present you is Kalpana Singh who is a Global Product Manager for Flow Cytometry Reagents at Miltenyi Biotec GmbH in Bergisch Gladbach.
Shortly, you will find more information about all of our speakers here.
01.11.16: We are happy that Janette Atkinson agreed to be a speaker at WoCaNet 2017! She is Emeritus Professor of Psychology and Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience in University College London. Please find more information about her here.
The organising of WoCaNet 2017 is under way!
27.02.2016: Thank you all for this inspiring and encouraging symposium! Your enthusiasm and openness in the discussions made it possible!
Thank you to all speakers for sharing their personal stories with us!
Thank you to all supporters and organizers for all your commitment and dedication to WoCaNet over the past year!
All talks have been recorded on video, so you can all watch the talks that you have missed. They will be released on our website shortly.
Since the Lean-In session during WoCaNet 2014 was such a success, we are happy to use this discussion format again during WoCaNet 2016. Check out this TED talk by Sheryl Sandberg, the author of the book "Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead" and current COO of Facebook.
Registration is closed. We are excited and looking forward to the symposium next month!
Check out our updated program schedule and the welcome message of Bundesministerin Manuela Schwesig, Federal Minister of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth!
Dr. Mimma Pernetti, Director Global Marketing at GlaxoSmithKline Vaccines in Rixensart, Belgium, completes our speakers list!
11.11.2015: Registrations are filling up, register soon, especially if you'd like to attend the workshops and dinner!
02.11.2015: The WoCaNet 2016 program is complete and registration is now open!
As part of WoCaNet 2016 we will have two interactive workshops by Dr. med Tanja Meyer-Treschan and Barbara Hoffbauer. Check out the contents of the workshops here. Registration for the symposium - including the workshops - will start on the 2nd of November 2015.
The opening addresses of WoCaNet 2016 will be given by the President of the Georg-August-University Göttingen, Prof. Dr. Ulrike Beisiegel, and Viola von Cramon, former member of the German Federal Parliament for Bündnis 90/Die Grünen.
Two more speakers are confirmed: Dr. Elizabeth Gaskell, Associate Scientific Editor, Molecular Cell, Cambridge, MA, USA and Prof. Dr. Ute Kothe, Associate Professor of Biochemistry, University of Lethbridge, Canada!
The closing keynote speaker is confirmed: Dr. Elizabeth Pollitzer, Director of Portia Ltd, an organization devoted to improving gender equality in STEM, London, UK!
Two more speakers for WoCaNet 2016 are confirmed: Dr. Christel Fenge is the Vice President of Marketing, Fermentation and Technologies at Sartorius and Dr. Ruth Wellenreuther is Alliance Manager & Project Coordinator at DKFZ, Heidelberg. We are already looking forward to welcome them on the symposium!
We are very happy to announce that Dr. Belén Begines Ruiz is a confirmed speaker of WoCaNet 2016! She is a Postdoctoral research fellow in the Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing Research Group at the University of Nottingham, UK.
First real news on WoCaNet 2016!
We now have the date and also our first keynote speaker fixed. WoCaNet 2016 will actually be a 2-day event and takes place on the 25th and 26th of February.
Prof. Dr. Joan A. Steitz accepted our invitation to be the first keynote speaker for the symposium. Prof. Steitz is Sterling Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry at Yale University and Investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Videos of some symposium talks can now be found here.
Pictures of the symposium can be found here.
The symposium on 20 November 2014 was a great success with more than 180 participants, encouraging talks and conversations, an inspiring Lean In discussion, body language workshop and career fair. Thank you all for making this symposium alive, by your active participation, discussions and questions!
Registration is open till 17.10.2014!
The symposium will be opened by Line Matthiessen-Guyader, Head of the Unit "Fighting infectious diseases and global epidemics" at the European Commission in Brussels.
We would like to introduce one more speaker to you:
We have three more speaker confirmations for WoCaNet 2014!
We are very happy to introduce to you three of the confirmed speakers for WoCaNet 2014:
Thanks to all speakers, participants, organizers and supporters, who made this event happen!
- All Dinner places are distributed!
- Registration for the Symposium was extended until 8th of February!
- Take part in the survey here.
- More about the Networking Dinner here.
- More about Registration here.
- Registration is open!
- More about Registration here.
- Professor Rita Süssmuth, former presiding officer of the German parliament, has confirmed her attendance!
- Find a list of all confirmed speakers here.
- We have two more speaker confirmations for WoCaNet 2013!
- Dr. Sandra Wechsler (Regulatory Affairs Expert at DSM Nutritional Products, Basel) accepted our speaker invitation
- Dr. Annette Luther (Head of Communication in Diagnostics, Hoffmann-La Roche AG) accepted our speaker invitation
- We have several speaker confirmations for WoCaNet 2013!
- Patent lawyer Daniela Kinkeldey accepted our invitation to give a talk.
- Reinhard Kreckel, professor of sociology, also confirmed his attendance as speaker.
- Dr. Emily Monosson accepted our speaker invitation. The toxicologist, writer, consultant, and mother of two children is author of the book Motherhood, the Elephant in the Laboratory: Women Scientists Speak Out (Cornell University Press, 2008).
- Professor Julia Fischer (Group leader at the DPZ, Göttingen) accepted our speaker invitation
- A representative from biotech industry will be giving a talk at the symposium. More details as soon we have confirmed the speaker!
- We have a date for the upcoming Women's Careers and Networks: March 6th, 2013!
- Distinguished chemistry professor Carol Robinson agreed to join WoCaNet as keynote speaker!
- the next symposium will be held in spring 2013.
- The next Women's Careers and Networks Symposium is on the way!
- With a new team and an innovated concept, we are taking on the preparations for the next successful career symposium!