Einrichtung: Faculty of Chemistry (ID 100446)
Ansprechpartner: Mrs. Prof. Dr. Siewert
The group of Prof. Dr. Inke Siewert at the Faculty of Chemistry at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen welcomes applications for a
in the German Research Foundation (DFG)-funded Research Training Group 2455 “BENCh – Benchmark Experiments in Numerical quantum Chemistry”. The application window will be open up to 15.12.2018.
The position is remunerated with 65% E 13 TV-L (corresponding to 25.87 hours per week) with a limited contract of 3 years. The earliest starting date will be 01.03.2019.
- you hold (or are in the process of concluding) a Master’s degree in Chemistry,
- proficient in English,
- are willing to travel and collaborate with partners
- are experienced in using Schlenk-techniques to synthesise coordination compounds,
- are familiar with spectroscopic methods to characterise molecules (see below).
The Siewert group focuses on electrochemistry, catalysis and small molecule activation using coordination compounds. In the proposed project, the student synthesizes and characterizes new coordination compounds with proton responsive ligands and determines their spectroscopic and thermochemical properties for benchmarking. Ideally, the candidate has a strong background in synthetic inorganic chemistry and is willing to learn high-level theory in collaboration with the project partners. First experience in electrochemistry are beneficial.
The BENCh Research Training Group (BENCh RTG) consists of a high-level research programme aiming to provide landmark experiments for quantum chemical methods benchmarking. The students under the program will benefit from a wide variety of lab techniques in order to conceive and execute challenging experiments. For more information consult the official homepage http://bench.uni-goettingen.de.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Your application must include:
- curriculum vitae including information on posters, presentations, awards (and publications, if applicable)
- motivation letter for a specific advertised project
- certificates of studies (if a degree is not yet completed you may also provide a document listing your current grades)
- certificates of language proficiency if non-native speaker of English (e.g., TOEFL)
- two references (name and contact information of two senior researchers)
- please refer to “Bench Project C” in the application and combine all attachments in only one pdf document
The documents are to be submitted by electronic form (single PDF file) up to December 15, 2018 using the online submission portal of the Georg-August University Göttingen: https://lotus2.gwdg.de/uni/uzdv/perso/knr_100446.nsf
If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com.
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Hinweisblatt zur Datenschutzgrundverordnung (DSGVO) https://www.uni-goettingen.de/hinweisdsgvo