Proof of proficiency in English language
Applicants whose fist language is not English have to prove a good working knowledge of English. Their proficiency in English must be certified with an international recognised test.
The following tests and levels are accepted:
* Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English at least with the grade ”B”
* Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English at least with the grade “C”
* International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with at least 6 points
* At least 550 points in a paper based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
* At least 213 points in a computer based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
* At least 80 points in the new internet based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
* UNIcert level III
* C1-certificate of CEF (Common European Framework).
The "Institution Toefl Code“ for the University of Goettingen is: 4468 University of Goettingen. The "Department Code" for the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences is : 31 Faculty of Agricultural Sciences.
The language test certificate should not be more than 2 years old at the time of application. Excepted from the need to prove language proficiency are students with English as first language and students with a two year study or working experience in an English speaking country within the last five years.