The International Certificate is an extra-curricular programme of the University of Göttingen to honour international experience and intercultural competence as well as commitment in supporting international students with a personal certificate.
Objectives of the Certificate
- promotion of the integration of foreign students
- promotion of intercultural competencies
- intensification and professionalization of the preparation and evaluation of studies abroad
- more active participation of German and foreign students in supporting international students
- recognition of commitment in connection with integration measures on the part of both German and foreign students
To obtain the certificate you have to fulfill requirement of two components for each focus area
Each focus area consists of a theoretical section and a section on Intercultural Engagement/ International Events. There are the following focus area to choose from:
For the Certificate with the focus area Mobility or Integration & Diversity there has to be attented min. 1 intercultural training from the respective focus areas and collected min. 18 Internationalisierungspunkte (IP) from min. 2 different areas of the Intercultural Engagement section.
For the Certificate with the focus area Building International Careers all 3 parts of the Certificate Programme Building International Careers have to be attended and collected min. 3 IP from the section Intercultural Engagement.
The Certificates can be completed over any number of semesters within the total period of study.