Prof. Dr. Matthias Schumann
- Since 1991 holder of the professorship for business economics with a focus on business informatics at the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the Georg-August University of Göttingen (C4 / W3), now: professor, chair of application systems and e-business; 2005 he rejected a call to the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 1993 - 2010 Director of the Institute for Information Systems at the Georg-August-University of Göttingen
- 1990 - 1991 Substitute of the Department of Business Informatics II at the Department of Economic Sciences at the Georg-August-University Göttingen
- 1990 Habilitation (Venia Legendi in Economic Sciences)
- 1988 - 1990 Research Assistant at the Institute of Business Administration and Business Informatics at the University Erlangen-Nuremberg; Deputy Chairman
- 1987 Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the IBM Scientific Center Los Angeles
- 1986 Dissertation (Dr. rer. pol.), University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 1984 - 1986 Staff Member of DFG-Project "Expert Systems for Business Diagnoses"
- 1983 - 1986 Research Assistant at the Institute of Business Administration and Business Informatics at the University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 1983 Graduation: Dipl.-Kaufmann
- 1978 - 1983 Business Studies at the University of Bielefeld and University of Göttingen
Publications and lectures
Selected memberships in scientific associations
- Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft e. V.
- Scientific Commission "Wirtschaftsinformatik" of the Verband der Hochschullehrer für Betriebswirtschaft e. V.
- Gesellschaft für Informatik e. V., Member in the department of Business Informatics
- Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Betriebswirtschaft e. V.
- Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Bundesverband Credit Management e. V.
Other scientific activities
- Member of the editorial board of the journal Wirtschaftsinformatik und Management
- Track Chair or Reviewer of national and international Information Systems-Conferences
- Reviewer for several scientific journals
Activities of the university self-administration
- Since 2011 Member of the Senate of the Georg-August-University Göttingen
- Since 2007 Deputy Member of the Senate of "Göttingen Research Council"
- Since 2006 Director of the Data Center of the Department of Economics and Social Sciences
- 2005 - 2007 Member of the Göttinger Research Council
- 2005 - 2012 Member of the CIO Panel of the University of Göttingen
- 2003 - 2012 Member of the Supervisory Board of the Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH (Joint Data Center of the University of Göttingen and the Max-Plank-Gesellschaft)
- 2001 - 2005 Vice President of the University of Göttingen
- 2000 - 2001 Dean of the Faculty of Economic Sciences