Application for the double degree programme
When you apply for the master's programme in finance, accounting, and taxes, you can simultaneously apply to participate in the double degree programme.
What are the application requirements for the double degree programme?
A prerequisite for participation in the double degree programme is acceptance to the master's programme in finance, accounting, and taxes. Eligibility criteria for the programme can be found in the regulations for admissions and in the admissions requirements for the master's programme in finance, accounting, and taxes.
The double degree programme offers especially well-qualified students the opportunity to earn double degrees at two prestigious universities. Particularly important factors for the application to participate in a double degree programme are the following amission requirements (see par. 5 of the study and examination regulations for the master's programme in finance, accounting, and taxes):
- You have completed a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent course of study with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits in the subject of business or a closely related subject. Applicants must have completed at least 150 of the 180 ECTS credits at the time of application.
- Your grade point average (GPA) for the degree, or the GPA from your completed courses from previous studies is at least 2.0.
- You submit a convincing motivation letter.
Which documents are needed for the application?
You apply as a normal student for the master's programme in finance, accounting, and taxes at the University of Göttingen. Information about admissions and the application process is available here.
As part of the online application process for the master's programme in finance, accounting, and taxes, you will be asked if you would like to simultaneously apply for the double degree programme with Ghent University. If you would like to do apply for the programme, complete the field in section 6 in the online application, and also submit the following additional application documents:
- A motivation statement (1 page max.) in either German or English, which explains your interest in applying for the double degree programme, as well as your objective and expectations.
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English.
The following documents will be accepted as proof of sufficient knowledge of English:
- a) Having English as your mother language
- b) Proof of successfully completing at least level C1 or UNIcert III during your studies, on which the application is based,
- c) A German university entrance qualification equivalent, which was acquired at an English-speaking school
- d) At least two years spent in secondary school, undergraduate studies, or work stay in an English-speaking country, within the last five years from the time of application for admission,
- e) A score of at least 550 in the hand-written version of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT) test,
- f) A score of at least 79 in the online version of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) test,
- g) A grade of at least B in the Cambridge Advanced (CAE) test,
- h) A grade of at least C in the Cambridge Proficiency (CPE) test,
- i) A score of at least 5.5 in the IELTS test, or
- j) UNIcert III certificate or proof of achieving level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Successful completion of the test must not be older than three years prior to submitting the admissions application for the master's programme.
Please note that transcripts submitted for the application for the master's programme in finance, accounting, and taxes must either include an overall grade point average of your studies or your grade point average from your completed courses from previous studies.
Applying for the double degree programme is always possible in the winter semester. To begin your studies in the winter semester, you must complete the online application form, which is accessible between 1 April and 15 May in the same year you plan to study: Application Form