Advantages of staged programmes
As compared to the traditional programmes, several advantages of the new, stepped programmes become apparent:
- This system is used and accepted internationally and facilitates cross-border recognition of degrees and international exchange.
- Professional qualification in the Bachelor’s programme: there is a balance between the acquisition of subject-specific competences and non-specialised qualification in the course of a relatively short duration of study.
- More flexibility due to a higher degree of interlinkage: e.g. early career entry with a Bachelor’s degree and subsequent qualification with a Mater’s programme at a later stage
- The course of studies can be designed individually: e.g. taking up a Master’s programme in a discipline other than that of the earlier Bachelor’s programme
- Master’s programme: acquisition of the knowledge and competences essential for the demands of the job market and for an optional graduate programme