In publica commoda

Acceptance of your university place

You are required to submit the following documents to Göttingen University if you have been admitted to a degree programme with restricted admission as a prospective student from the EU, EEA or as a foreigner with German university entrance qualification, and wish to accept your university place:

  • Certified copy of your university entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur certificate / school leaving certificate). The certified copy is required for enrolment / matriculation only and should be submitted now, not before.
  • Original insurance certificate for students from a statutory health insurance fund (AOK, BEK, DAK, etc.). Students covered by private health insurance must obtain a certificate from their health insurers stating that they are exempt from statutory health insurance.
  • For foreign prospective students only: evidence of German language proficiency (DSH test)

Please note: certificates in any language other than German must be submitted in the form of a certified translation.