Eichele, Gregor, Prof. Dr.
- 1976-1980 Ph.D. protein crystallography (J. N. Jansonius, Biocenter, University of Basel, Switzerland)
- 1981-1984 Postdoctoral training in Developmental Biology (B. M. Alberts, University of California, San Francisco)
- 1985-1989 Assistant Professor of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- 1989-1990 Associate Professor of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- 1991-1992 Associate Professor of Biochemistry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA
- 1992-1998 Professor of Biochemistry and Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA
- 1998-2006 Director at the Max Planck Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Dept. of Molecular Embryology, Hanover, Germany
- 2006- Director at the Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Dept. Genes and Behavior, Goettingen, Germany
Major Research Interests
Dynamic interplay between gene expression, brain development and architecture and behaviour.
Homepage Department/Research Group
Selected Recent Publications
- Cilia-based flow network in the brain ventricles. Faubel R, Westendorf C, Bodenschatz E, Eichele G. Science. 2016 Jul 8;353(6295):176-8. doi: 10.1126/science.aae0450. PMID:27387952
- The light-dark cycle controls peripheral rhythmicity in mice with a genetically ablated suprachiasmatic nucleus clock. Husse J, Leliavski A, Tsang AH, Oster H, Eichele G. FASEB J. 2014 Nov;28(11):4950-60. doi: 10.1096/fj.14-256594.
Epub 2014 Jul 25.
- Adrenal glucocorticoids have a key role in circadian resynchronization in a mouse model of jet lag. Kiessling S, Eichele G, Oster H. J Clin Invest. 2010 Jul;120(7):2600-9. doi: 10.1172/JCI41192. Epub 2010 Jun 23.
- Whelan G, Kreidl E, Wutz G, Egner A, Peters JM, Eichele G (2011/2012) Cohesin acetyltransferase Esco2 is a cell viability factor and is required for cohesion in pericentric heterochromatin. EMBO J. 2012 Jan 4;31(1):71-82. doi: 10.1038/emboj.2011.381. Epub 2011 Nov 18
- Lein, E.S. et al. (2007). Genome-Wide Atlas of Gene Expression in the Adult Mouse Brain. Nature 445, 168-176