LinG Colloquium Series
Summer Term 2019
If not announced otherwise, the LinG Colloquium will take place on Wednesdays, 4–6 pm (ct), in Philosophische Fakultät, Humboldtallee 19/21, Room 1.112 (Lecture Hall PH20).
Talks will be announced regularly via the LinG mailing list and on this website (see below).
After the colloquia, there will be drinks and dinner.
This is a preliminary schedule that will be extended, and possibly altered, in the weeks to come.
- April 24: Jenneke van der Wal (Leiden) — Sub-NP exclusive focus in Rukiga (or: A squirrel with two tails)
- May 1: NO SESSION (public holiday)
- May 8: [tba]
- May 15: Phoevos Panagiotidis (University of Cyprus) — Roots and grammar
- May 22: Francesco Costantini (Udine) — Aspects of subjunctive: Obviation and temporal relations — Epistemic sources and subjunctive obviation | Vesselina Laskova (Udine) — Aspects of subjunctive: Obviation and temporal relations — On the nature of the subjunctive and temporal relations
- May 29: Adam Biały (Wrocław) — On perfective states in Polish
- June 5: Rodrigo Gutiérrez-Bravo (El Colegio de México) — Pseudo-clefts in Spanish: A revision
- June 12: Jacopo Romoli (Belfast) — Homogeneity or implicature: An experimental approach
- June 19: Ralf Vogel (Bielefeld) — Ad Hoc Constructions: Syntactic innovation as synchronic phenomenon
- June 26: Manuel Kriz (Vienna) — New arguments for higher-order pluralities
- July 3: INTERNAL MEETING
- July 10: INTERNAL MEETING
- July 17: INTERNAL MEETING