LinG Colloquium Series
If not announced otherwise, the LinG Colloquium will take place on Wednesdays,
4–6 pm (ct), at the SEP Medienraum (0.244), Käte-Hamburger-Weg 3.
Talks will be announced regularly via the LinG mailing list and on this website (see below).
After the colloquia, there will be drinks and dinner.
Winter Term 2017–18
This is a preliminary schedule that will be extended, and possibly altered, in the weeks to come.
- October 18: NO SESSION
- October 25: Stavros Skopeteas (Göttingen) – Focus and resumption: Anyi, Baule, and microvariation in Kwa languages
(joint work with Firmin Ahoua, Marie Laure Koffi Bla & Beatrice Koffi)
- November 1: George Walkden (Constance) – Preposition stranding in Early West Germanic
- November 8: Clemens Mayr (Leibniz-ZAS Berlin / Göttingen) – On the presuppositional requirements of alternative questions
- November 15: Hubert Truckenbrodt (Leibniz-ZAS Berlin) – Wh-questions in Q-particle theory in German and Turkish
- November 22: NO SESSION (internal LinG meeting)
- November 29: Chris Reintges (Paris) – Spontaneous syntactic change: An anti-inertia approach
- December 6: NO SESSION (internal LinG meeting)
- December 13: Bożena Rozwadowska (Wrocław) – Valency in psych nominals
- December 20: [tba]
- January 10: Guido Mensching (Göttingen) – On another apparent violation of the subject-island constraint in French
- January 17: Cornelia Ebert (Berlin) – Post-speech gestures: semantic effects of gesture-speech alignment
- January 24: Jakub Dotlačil (Groningen) – Negation in Czech: How logical and syntactic constraints interact in licensing semantic concepts
- January 25 (Thursday, special session): Hadil Karawani (Leibniz-ZAS Berlin) // Manfred Krifka (Leibniz-ZAS Berlin)
- January 31: Sascha Alexeyenko (Göttingen)
Already scheduled for Summer Term 2018:
13 June 2018: Adam Ledgeway (Cambridge)
Coordinator: Hedde Zeijlstra