- Apr. 30th 2017 - PICO 2017 at the ER-C
Troben and Cynthia joined the PICO 2017 at the ER-C to present our latest results on in-situ TEM LiMn2O4 lithiation.
- Apr. 15nd 2017 - The Nanomechanics welcome a New Group Member
As of today the Nanomechanics group has a new member. Welcome Tim Sievert. During his Bachelor-Theses Tim will study Yielding behavior of hydrogenated metallic glasses in close collaboration with Dominik Toennies.
- Mar. 19th 2017 - DPG Spring Meeting in Dresden
Our group visits the DPG Spring meeting of the Condensed Matter Section that starts today in Dresden. Among the contributions we have talks and poster about wood, n-DLC and metallic glasses. Enjoy the meeting & see you in Dresden!
- Feb. 20th 2017 - 7th European Nanomanipulation Workshop
Today starts the 7th European Nanomanipulation Workshop at the Friedrich Schiller University of Jena. Jörn Sawatzky is contributing with a poster on "Influence of the Surface Properties on friction on VO2 thin films". The workshop is organized was part of the COST Action MP1303.
- Sept. 12th 2016 - Summer School MaFo Holz in Olsberg
Last Week Mona and Salimeh joined a summer school in Olsberg organized by the MaFo Holz program. During their stay they both Mona gave a talk on "In-situ TEM/SEM fracture tests on wood" and Salimeh presented her latest results in a talk on "Hierachical mechanical properties of wood and wood composites".
- July. 08th 2016 - Workshop: Understanding and Controlling Nano- and Mesoscale Friction
Richard and Hendrik visited the Second European Workshop on Understanding and Controlling Nano- and Mesoscale Friction in Riga, Letvia during July 4-7.