Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences
Welcome to the GGG homepages!
The Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG) is responsible for PhD students and their supervisors from the social science faculties. Here you can find more information about us...
Dates and News
- The new information web page for international PhD students has been published by Göttingen International Office in cooperation with the graduate schools.
- An overview of GGG’s offers in 2019 is given in the new pocket-sized format in this booklet. You can order it in print at the GGG-Office as well.
- Judith Wassiltschenko has started as PhD-Funding Guidance and the Helpdesk for International PhD students substituting the parental leave of Kristin Gehr.
- GGG has published concept about Diversity to support PhD students
- Julia Zilles and Benson Matawana are the elected PhD students' representatives. Here you can find the election results.
Information provided by the PhD funding guidance
- Funding for projects aiming at international scientific cooperations (e.g. co-organized workshops) provided by the Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Culture
Four times a year GGG publishes a newsletter for PhD students and their supervisors in the social sciences as well as interested persons.
current newsletter 01|2019 (Feb 2019)
The next newsletter will be published on May 14, 2019.
archive of newletters and yearly reports
workshops and events
- Workshop: "Patentwissen vorteilhaft einsetzen", 27.02.2019
- Competition: "LIFT-OFF - Start-up Competition", Deadline 28.02.2019
- The Project "gendercompetent inclusion for female PhD students with disabillites or chronic diseases" invites to a "Biographiezirkel" on 26.03.2019. Please contact GGG, if you want to partizipate firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alumni Tales: Career prospects in the area of “Mobility” after a doctorate, 20.05.2019
summerschools, conferences, programs
- The current PhD students representation established a mailinglist to improve the contact between GGG's PhD students. Subscribe here.
- counseling on statistics for PhD students
- Book your working space via ecampus