In publica commoda

Enrolment documents for degree programmes with open admissions

You are required to submit the following documents to Göttingen University if you wish to enrol for a degree programme with open admissions as a prospective student from the EU, EEA or as a foreigner with German university entrance qualification:

  • Simple photocopy of your university entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur certificate / school leaving certificate)
  • Original insurance certificate for students from a statutory health insurance fund (AOK, BEK, DAK, etc.). Students covered by private health insurance must obtain a certificate from their health insurers stating that they are exempt from statutory health insurance.
  • For foreign prospective students only: evidence of adequate German language proficiency (DSH test)
  • Only for students who aren't 18 years old at the time of enrolment: Declaration of consent for under-age students

Please note: certificates in any language other than German must be submitted in the form of a certified translation.