Application for degree programmes with limited admission - 1st subject semester (Bachelor's degree and State Examination) (EU and EEA citizens and foreigners with German university entrance qualificat
Please observe the application periods and deadlines. If you are not sure whether your desired degree programme is subject to limited admission, please return to the application check.
Application for only one degree programme
At Göttingen University, you can apply for only one degree programme with limited admission.
Scan your documents in particular your university entrance qualification certificate (e.g. German Abitur), to enable you to upload these to the portal. The data formats pdf, jpg, tiff, doc and docx will be accepted.
During the application process and subsequently your enrollment we will send updates and information to your registered mail account.
Application and enrolment in six steps
Online data input and upload of your documents
Enter your personal data and specify your desired degree programme on the application and enrolment portal. Upload the required documents, then submit your application in order to participate in the application procedure.
- University admissions qualification (e.g. university-entrance diploma) as a single, uncertified complete photocopy. If required, proof of the grades earned in subjects taken in the past four school semesters (certificate issued by your school) Note: For simplicity's sake and to save you money, we waive the requirement for an officially certified copy of your university admissions qualification to allow you to participate in the application procedure. The certified version will not be required until registration (matriculation) and does not need to be submitted until then.
- The pre-printed form "Additional information concerning your application", including the required documents as proof
- certification of service (military, compulsory community service, social year, ...) if appropriate
- if appropriate, a comprehensive explanation justifying an application for hardship case recognition (doctor's certificates, expert opinions, ...)
Important: A full and complete translation of any certificates not issued in German (EU) must be submitted.
Non-EU and stateless applicants must apply in a different procedure: For more information
Statutory declaration ("Eidesstattliche Versicherung") to be uploaded
Following submission of your application, you are required to print out the statutory declaration generated by your data input ("Eidesstattliche Versicherung"). Please sign, scan and upload it in our application and enrolment portal.
Admission / rejection
You will be notified of admission or rejection by e-mail. In the event of admission, you have to accept the university place within the given period of time directly on the application and enrolment portal by lodging your application for enrolment.
Online enrolment and upload of your documents
In order to enrol, you are required to upload your enrolment documents enrolment documents on the application and enrolment portal and enter some additional data.
- Original insurance certificate for students from a statutory health insurance fund (AOK, BEK, DAK, etc.). Students covered by private health insurance must obtain a certificate from their health insurers stating that they are exempt from statutory health insurance.
- For foreign prospective students only: evidence of German language proficiency (DSH test)
Please note: certificates in any language other than German must be submitted in the form of a certified translation.
Remittance of semester fees
Please remit the semester fees to the University now. Your enrolment can only be finalised after your payment has been received. Please enter your applicant number and your name on the remittance slip!
Payee („Empfänger”): Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Account with Nord/LB Hannover
IBAN DE57 2505 0000 0199 9537 04
BIC/SWIFT-Code NOLA DE 2H
Please enter the following information into the "reference" field:
- Your matriculation nummber (or registration/application number)
- Your surname and given name
- The semester of reference (e.g. winter semester 20xy)
Confirmation by the University
Confirmation will subsequently be sent to you automatically.