The LinG Colloquium takes place on Wednesdays, 4 - 6 pm. In the winter semester, we will not have weekly talks. Instead talks will be announced regularly via the LinG mailing list and on this website.
The dates for the following talks are already confirmed.
Summer Term 2017
- April 19: Tobias Scheer (Nice) - On the difference between the lexicon and computation (regarding Slavic hers)
- April 26: Stefan Hinterwimmer (Cologne) - Two kinds of perspective taking in narrative texts
- May 3: Paula Menéndez-Benito (Göttingen) - Random Choice Modality: Spanish uno cualquiera
- May 10: Jonathan Bobaljik (UConn / ZAS Berlin) - Features, universals, and the internal structure of words
- May 17: Cleo Condoravdi (Stanford/Göttingen) - Imperative force
- May 24: No lecture
- May 31: Franc Marusic (Nova Gorica) - Historical development of possibility modality in Slovenian - a case of a modal cycle
- June 7: Mihaela Moreno (CLUNL Lisbon) - The verbal complex in Romance: Is there any defective intervention in the syntax?
- June 14: Kristin Hanson (Berkeley / Munich) - Alt rhythms
- June 21: Svetlana Petrova (Wuppertal) - Bare and indefinite nominal predicates in the history of German
- June 28: Tonjes Veenstra (ZAS Berlin) - The creole anatomy of the Rich Agreement Hypothesis
- July 5: Daniele Panizza (Göttingen) - Neural signatures of pragmatic violations in adults and children
- July 12: Paul Kiparsky (Stanford) - Two approaches to locality in morphology
If not announced otherwise, the colloquium will take place on Wednesdays,
from 4:15 – 5:45 pm at the Medienraum SEP 0.244, Käte-Hamburger-Weg 3
After the colloquia there will be drinks and dinner.
Coordinator: Hedde Zeijlstra