Application for local admission-restricted courses of study - 1st subject semester (Bachelor's degree) (EU citizens)
For admission to degree programmes with limited admission, you need to lodge an application. For the wintersemester 2017/18, university places for the first subject semester in the degree programmes
- Agricultural sciences (B.Sc.)
- Biology (B.Sc.)
- Biochemistry (B.Sc.)
- Biological Diversity and Ecology (B.Sc.)
- Ethnology (B.A.)
- Forest Sciences and Forest Ecology(B.Sc.)
- Politics (B.A.)
- Psychology (B.Sc.)
- Law (First State Examination)
- Social Sciences (B.A.)
- Sociology (B.A.)
at Göttingen University will be allocated via the national platform for degree programmes with limited admission at hochschulstart.de (DoSV; dialogue-oriented service procedure ):
The procedure is called dialogue-oriented, because as an applicant you have to actively participate in the allocation procedure: for example by re-prioritising your applications at different universities or by choosing to accept an admission offer. This means that between the 18th and 24th Ferbruary you will have to take action in the application platform once again (for more information see steps 6 and 7).
If you are interested in a different degree programme, please go back to the application check.
Scan your documents in particular your university entrance qualification certificate (e.g. German Abitur), to enable you to upload these to the portal. The data formats pdf, jpg, tiff, doc and docx will be accepted.
During the application process and subsequently your enrollment we will send updates and information to your registered mail account.
Registration at hochschulstart.de
Register with hochschulstart.de at the platform for degree programmes with limited admission (see adjoining first link under section 1). Make a note of the applicant identification number (BID) and the corresponding applicant authorisation number (BAN) which is allocated to you there. You will need both your BID and BAN numbers for the application platform of Göttingen University. Further information from hochschulstart.de: see adjoining link for further information.
Registration at the application platform of Göttingen University
Your next step will be to register at the application platform of Göttingen University using your BID and BAN numbers. You will subsequently receive an E-mail in order to complete your registration. Please follow the instructions given in the E-mail to activate your account.
Online data input and upload of your documents
Enter your personal data and specify your desired degree programme on the application and enrolment portal. Upload the required documents, then submit your application in order to participate in the application procedure.
- University entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur certificate or equivalent)
- Where applicable, evidence of completed periods of study at a German university
- Where applicable, the certificate of service as evidence of community service performed (military service or alternative civilian service, social year, ...)
- Where applicable, a detailed explanation to justify your application for admission to a second degree programme must be submitted (together with the final record of your first degree programme)
- Where applicable, a detailed justification supported by documentary evidence (doctor's certificates, expert opinions, ...) must be submitted if you apply for admission on the grounds of exceptional hardship (hardship case). Attention: This document may be sent in via mail.
- Where applicable, declaration of consent from a parent or guardian for minors. These documents may be sent in via mail. Attention:
Important: Documents in any language other than German (within the EU) must be accompanied by a complete translation.
Applicants from countries outside the EU and stateless applicants must follow a different procedure to lodge their applications: For more information
Statutory declaration ("Eidesstattliche Versicherung") to be uploaded
Following submission of your application, you are required to print out the statutory declaration generated by your data input ("Eidesstattliche Versicherung"). Please sign, scan and upload it in our application and enrolment portal.
Keeping track of your application
You can check the status of your application at any time in the application platform of Göttingen University.
Admission to a degree programme
After the application deadline, you can check the platform of hochschulstart.de whether you have received any admission offers. Please check the platform of hochschulstart.de regularly and be sure to observe phases and dates of the dialogue-oriented service procedure.
IMPORTANT: If you have received multiple admission offers, you are required to actively control your selection in the platform of hochschulstart.de within a certain time frame, in order to be admitted to the degree programme of your choice! That is you may edit the preference of your university places or accept an offer of admission (until 18 August).
All relevant information is available here (in German only):
Acceptance/rejection of admission
After choosing a degree programme offered to you, you must accept it on hochschulstart.de. This acceptance is binding and excludes all options for other applications listed in this platform. Following your acceptance, you will receive an admission statement from the University by the end of August.
- As long as you have not yet received or accepted any offer of admission, you can wait for further offers of admission until 24 August.
- If you have not actively accepted a specific offer of admission at that time you will automatically receive the admission statement for the university place with the highest priority for which you have received an offer of admission.
- Should you no longer be interested in any of the applications submitted, please withdraw these applications from hochschulstart.de until 24 August, so that the university places can be offered to other applicants.
- Rejections are sent out from 28 August. You will then still be able to take part in the lottery procedure.
Online enrolment and upload of your documents
In order to enrol, you are required to upload your enrolment documents in the period of time given by your admission statement on the application and enrolment portal and enter some additional data.
- Original insurance certificate for students from a statutory health insurance fund (AOK, BEK, DAK, etc.). Students covered by private health insurance must obtain a certificate from their health insurers stating that they are exempt from statutory health insurance.
- For foreign prospective students only: evidence of German language proficiency (DSH test)
Please note: certificates in any language other than German must be submitted in the form of a certified translation.
Transfer of semester fees
At the same time you accept your university place, you must also transfer the semester fees to the University. Your enrolment can only be processed after we have received your payment. Please make sure to state your registration number and name in your transfer!
Payee („Empfänger”): Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Account with Nord/LB Hannover
IBAN DE57 2505 0000 0199 9537 04
BIC/SWIFT-Code NOLA DE 2H
Please enter the following information into the "reference" field:
- Your matriculation nummber (or registration/application number)
- Your surname and given name
- The semester of reference (e.g. winter semester 20xy)
Confirmation from the university
You will automatically receive a confirmation from the university by mail.