Our goal is to conduct research and research-oriented training to further the understanding of the functioning of major tropical plant production systems in a changing environment.
Analytical Framework - Tropical Plant Production and Agricultural Systems Modelling
Click here to view the Analytical Framework in high resolution
- Ex-ante/Ex-post evaluation of sustainable intensification options/technological innovations
- Assessing climate risks, climate change impacts and risk management options/adaptation and mitigation
- Utilizing and managing genetic diversity to develop resilient crops/cropping systems
- Model development, evaluation and improvement based on supportive experimentation (agroforestry, intercropping, impacts of climate extremes (e.g. heat and drought))
- Integrated analysis of agricultural systems (food security and other ecosystem services) across disciplines from plant/field via farm to global